Progress

blueyes

Oh dear..... I didn't even realise that and yes Greg did build it. I've never used a cannister filter before so didn't think to ask about it, I will need to check out the bracing when I get home I guess :(

I've made my 2213 work with my tank that Greg made. "Walking stick" intake is just upside down though :lol:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made my 2213 work with my tank that Greg made. "Walking stick" intake is just upside down though :lol:

There would surely be some way to work around it....suggestions welcome of course :) I knew things seemed to be going a little too smoothly

Okay, so the issue will just be those pipes, so in theory I could get some holes made in the bracing even to accomodate them?

Or wait for P44 and see if he thinks the other thingy will work, I'll have to wait until I get home and measure the bracing I guess....... not a catastrophe really......

Has anyone had any experience with one of these filters?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 520553.htm

Thanks

Does anyone have an opinion on it anyway, does it look like it would be any more worthwhile buying one like this rather than the Aqua One Aquis 1200 that I was originally planning on buying?

Thanks guys.... I've had a pretty productive day....went and picked up some rocks and driftwood that I won on trade me, then Animates botany, Stone and Water World, HFF, Animates Manukau, another pet shop in Manukau and Kings Plant Barn to see if the had any Daltons Aquatic, they didn't, but they are ordering it in for me.....so yay!!!!!

And oh my god..... I love HFF, it was like being in fishgeek heaven, I almost walked out with some Kulhi's but resisted temptation and just got some driftwood and my Twisted Val instead, I could have spent hours in there!!!!!

Okay guys, I need a little advice and help...... so the new 4 ft tank will be home to my clown loaches, who will inhabit the bottom of the tank mainly, I have decided that I would like a large shoal of Tiger barbs, say around 10-12 that will hang out around the middle. For clean up I am thinking around 3-4 siamese algae eaters...... I am trying to figure out what to get that will use the top of the tank...... I was thinking Danios for a while, but now am kinda thinking maybe something a little bigger up there.... I've been researching Gouramis and Killis, the prob with the Killis is that the only ones that I can find from the Asian zone are the Panchax, and from what I've been reading about them, they seem to have a nice appetitie for fellow tankmates.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or advice about my stocking ideas, bearing in mind that I am hoping to build this tank using species from the Asian zone?

Much appreciation in advance!!!

Good idea Sophia, I'll probably be getting them in stages anyway, though I do quite like the SAE's so was secretly kinda pleased that the fitted the theme..... I have to figure out what fish to use when I cycle too, don't really want to put the tetra's in cos I'll probably be lucky if I ever catch them again once they are in there lol

I do really like the look of the Golden Panchax, but no so keen on having them eating everyone else.....