6 foot Geo Tank

antwan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh... I planted the right hand side, argh. I'm now torn between the geo's and a school of discus...or both :o I'll put pics up later tonight when all the glare is gone.

That's a good idea about the lily phoenix, would look cool too, but I just want the one side open-top for now.

No, wouldn't go for the brighter discus..bleh :lol:

Are leuco's not as bad at substrate-shifting as the alt's? Or did you recommend them cos they don't get as big?

Yeah I would like to know as well whether Leuco's will dig out big pits and dig down in one spot beside something like altifrons will?? or more of a general sand sifting all over the place that keeps the substrate even (ish)

I thought of a mixed geo/discus tank as well but decided to split them... different temperatures and also temperaments! :wink: if you have a group of geos and territorial disputes between them start happening I think the discus might get too freaked out by all the action...

Woah! Can't say I expected to see you here, but hey :D

Few plants, pretty accurate drawing above eh :wink:

I love that sword!

I've been on the fishkeepers.co.nz forums since I got back from Europe in March... was only a matter of time before I signed up on here I guess :)

Very accurate picture... you sure your not an artist?

I like the way the right hand side is open like that... looking forward to seeing it with fish now :)

Cheers guys.

Fruju, yea I'll definitely be getting more, but there were only two in the shop today. They are so cool to watch sifting through the sand. If I got discus they'd be more earthy coloured than bright anyway, they'd just be a mid-dwelling big fish.

Cheers guys.

Fruju, yea I'll definitely be getting more, but there were only two in the shop today. They are so cool to watch sifting through the sand. If I got discus they'd be more earthy coloured than bright anyway, they'd just be a mid-dwelling big fish.

I got the other two :lol: