Frog spawn - interesting observation!!

I never thought much of this until now. When spawning albino x normal green frog, eggs all white but tadpoles all normal (turn into green frogs). Albino x with green frog split for albino = all white eggs but some normal tadpoles some albino.

Now last time my standard bell frogs spawned i missed it, didnt even see the eggs. Looking at whistling tree frog spawn the other day, noticed eggs were black, but with a little white on the underside. Thought hmm wonder if the normal bell frog eggs are the same. My standard bell frogs have just spawned, and sure enough the eggs are black with a little white on the underside.

So seems the albino gene/s is making the eggs white :o pretty cool eh. Dont know what it means other than the obvious but anyway. I find it rather interesting the eggs are different.

Havent had any luck with them yet, nor setup for it really. Not sure ive even got females tbh.

Spawn i was looking at was from the wild :D

spoke too soon, found a couple of whistlers amplexing for the first time this morning :D

as long its not two males, fingers crossed they deposit some lil gems.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=42783&p=529705#p529705