New Species Tank. Dwarf Puffers!

Brennos

I cultivate brine shrimp but find only the adults are large enough for the puffers to be interested, to grow them to adults you would need to get some phytoplankton or something similar, seriously white worms and daphnia are a lot easier. I can send you a white worm starter culture, if daphnia would post I could send that too but I dont think it will fair well at all.

I was going to save this for the next POTM but what the heck, this is my little guy, lives off Daphnia, White worms, and ramshorns, mozzy larvae and the odd brine shrimp, I cant get him to eat bloodworms anymore.

Carinotetraodontravancoricus.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased a couple of Bumble bee gobys as well. So fingers crossed they all get along. I have Indian fern and hairgrass, plus some driftwood in the tank, so with any luck, they all stay happy.

I've got 2 gobbys with 2 dwarf puffers, they all get along well :D

I've got 2 gobbys with 2 dwarf puffers, they all get along well :D

So far so good. They don't seem to be eating much (picky???). Although I did watch one hunting a snail, so I don't know. I have tried frozen Daphnia, Brine Shrimp, and some small flake. I need tog et some live food asap. Or more snails.

So far so good. They don't seem to be eating much (picky???). Although I did watch one hunting a snail, so I don't know. I have tried frozen Daphnia, Brine Shrimp, and some small flake. I need tog et some live food asap. Or more snails.

They should eat blood worms, it just may take them a while to get back to eating in a new tank. I know it took mine a few days :)

Give them time to get used to you, when you feed and interact with them keep a camera close to the glass so they get used to it being there. They turn into little posers after a while. It still requires a certain amount of patience.

Took these just now, my lil fella couldnt make it much easier, 2 decent shots out of 2 attempts :P

DSCF1478.jpg

DSCF1476.jpg

I hate algae :(

Well I had one death. One of the puffers was found on the gravel... Unsure why. On a side note, can anyone recomend me a fish that cal clean up after these guys. They miss so much food it's unreal, and becuase of the plants its extremely hard to gravel vac.

Basically something that can live in a small tank (even if its while they are young, and I can transfer them/sell them once older/bigger) Something that can live with gobys and DP's. and something to eat left over bloodworms. I want to add a Young bristlenose to keep the glass clean, but I dont think they will eat the left overs.