Anywater - Electronic controllers

Thunderstorm

Hiya

I was going through my stuff over the weekend and come across a few schematics for controllers and thought i would share them for those that are electronicly minded.

Threre is a

CO2 controller

Computerised Timer

A thermostat.

Just Click Here to veiw the images.

They are quite large as i left them that way for clarity so those on dialup be patient :)

Thanx

Peter

PS these are not my designs, just schematics i have collected, credit goes to the designer.

One thing that immediately struck me looking at these circuits is that they will all work, but are hopelessly overbuilt. OK, the computer-controlled switch isn't but it could probably benefit from an opto-isolator to keep the 12V away from the PC's parallel port.

As for the temperature controller, the controllers we use for our lasers are just as complicated and they are PID controllers that regulate the current through the heater to stabilise the temperature to a few thousandths of a degree.

The CO2 controller has the same problem (the circuit does essentially the same thing as the temperature controller).

These circuits aren't wrong, but it seems they could be made a whole lot simpler.

• 1 month later...

PS these are not my designs, just schematics i have collected, credit goes to the designer.

I'm interested in learning more about these designs. Do you remember where you found them? Could you possibly post links to the original webpages here.