Christchurch/Coromandel

Barrie

I have a rough n ready (but totally comfortable place at Coromandel)

If you need a break from all the moving, just let me know and you can borrow it. Its 105 meters off a safe sandy beach and has all you will need there. I can also leand you a little Diahatsu move(I must gat a WOF as its only been at work for the last few months not being used).

I have a few weekends that its being used and promised but Im sure that we could get something to work... No phone and 021 wont work

Thats very generous and kind of you Barrie. I've only been in the city for 24 hours, but the devastation I've seen in that time is just unreal.. I don't blame people for wanting to get out. And the stories I'm hearing. Kaiapoi New World has to be torn down.. so many jobs lost. My taxi driver was telling me that people have just had enough and were escaping. Some of the people I dealt with yesterday in my line of work had just up and left the city, some had gone as far as Australia.

There's that sense of... paranoia almost, they think another one is just around the corner.. everyones on edge.

When I've been discovering NZ (on the net) last year, I read all the travellers'blogs I could find. They were all very surprised (pleasantly) how kiwi people are mainly generous and hospitable.

You are one of those, Barrie.

Sometimes, I'm very pessimistic about human kind. But when I read things like that, It just puts a smile on my face like a sun in the sky.

Alan, "kaimoana" means seafood ?

No phone and 021 wont work

What does 021 means ?.... Hein36.gif

So are you saying that you don't act the goat anymore, Alan? (means to behave foolishly)

Thanks Zev, I didn't know it :)

Thanks Alan for the explanation too Coucou35.gif

I just saw some pictures of Kaikoura.

Beautiful 8)

Look at this one : extravehicular activity on the International Space Station above NZ (Christchurch, Kaikoura, Wellington)

- http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/165304main_image_feature_719_ys_full.jpg