begginer in tropical

nativelover

Get the biggest you can afford (a tank wider than it is high is best) as bigger tanks are easier to look after than smaller ones.

In a small tank things can go wrong very quickly in the smaller volume whereas a bigger tank can give you time to notice something is wrong and correct it before it gets bad enough to kill any fish.

The 60x30x45cm tank is okay, but you can only stock as much as a 60x30x30cm due to the same footprint size. They're a really good medium sized tank to work with, I have two 60x30x30's. Add a 50-100W heater and you're ready to go.

Fish wise I like to go with one or two "feature fish" and a handful of shoaling fish. You could have either a male Betta, a pair of dwarf cichlids OR a dwarf gourami along with a small shoal (6-10) of the smaller tetras. If you upgraded the filter and kept the shoal small, you could add a few corydoras or small bristlenose catfish to help clean up. If you want something more unique however, dwarf puffers could be another way to go but they can be a bit sensitive at times.

HTH

cool thanks everyone i only want to start off on the easyer fish then move more deeper as my exprience grows i would absoultly love dwarf puffers in a species tank but i have heard they are rare these days. also i would prefer to have the 60 30 45 tank as a species tank and maybe even try to breed some. what would be a good fish for begginers to work with ?

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Ember Tetras are really cool, and grow to only 2cm. You could easily fit a shoal of 35 in that sized tank. Other possibilities are Emerald Dwarf Danios (Danio erythromicron), Celestial Pearl Danios (Danio margaritatus. They are quite expensive though), Glowlight Danios and White Cloud Mountain Minnows. Try to get something other than neons, platies, swords, guppies etc. I think unique fish are much more pleasurable. You'll find that livebearers will get quite boring after a short while, unless you're interested in breeding colour strains etc, which sounds quite fun. I'll have to try it one day. All of the fish I've mentioned above are very hardy, and they are perfect begginner's fish, and are great if you want something a little different. :wink:

Good luck. :D