What else can I do to make my plants look healthier?

Brennos

If the tubes are not new, I would replace the whole lot with powerglos which are brighter and do wonders for plants.

Depends on what 620T you have. Some have a PL tube fitting and some have 3x T8s which are much much better.

If you don't have theT8s then the T5HO lights are great. If you run a canister filter you should be able to remove the trickle system and fit the 2ft HO lights just there. Again, shell out money for the power glo tubes.

If the tubes are not new, I would replace the whole lot with powerglos which are brighter and do wonders for plants.

Depends on what 620T you have. Some have a PL tube fitting and some have 3x T8s which are much much better.

If you don't have theT8s then the T5HO lights are great. If you run a canister filter you should be able to remove the trickle system and fit the 2ft HO lights just there. Again, shell out money for the power glo tubes.

I turfed the trickle ages ago, that's where the 2x 20w t8 tubes are. they are fairly new, so I don't want to replace them with powerglo just yet, but I can. I have considered replacing the stock 18w pl tubes with a t5 (like the one I posted above. But then I loose the lid and look of the ar620. I guess I could hack up the stock light hood and retrofit some tubes in there. but that seems like lots of effort.

Update:

The Uraguaensis has sprouted some new leaves., 2 new lush green leaves out of the centre, I hope that's a sign of good things. The Sag is looking a little shabby, due to the cyano choking it i think. The Cyano is not nearly as bad as it has been, but not totally gone yet. I'm about ready to get some furan, and nuke it from orbit.

I have found circulation helps with Cyno too, it seems to like the stiller quieter areas, if you can get a good amount of water movement it dosnt do well. Dosing Nitrates may help in the short term but it is most likely you have a phosphate to nitrate inbalance, to much phosphate for the amount of nitrate. make sure to remove any dead or decaying plant matter and don't overfeed, just about everyone overfeeds and thats where the phosphates come from. NO3 test kits are pretty much a waste of time IMHO they need to be calibrated constantly and seem to go bad or stale fairly quickly and give constantly low reading. If your biological filtration is working properly there should be plenty of NO3 being produced as NH4 is changed to NO2 and then NO3, so it may be an idea to check your filter, make sure its not clogged or overloaded.

Yeah, I was testing incorrectly, my Nitrates are around 10-15ppm. I might invest in a power head or two, and see how that goes. I have been inspecting today, and there isn't much cyano now, a little between the sag, and the glass. I'll manually remove that tomorrow night when I do a water change in prep for my new discus..

UPDATE: I got me some POWER-GLO Tubes as P44 recommended, and also got my hands on some PMDD, and some more root tabs for later. I'm going to add a second DIY CO2 setup this weekend, and also added the baby discus. Man Discus are one of the coolest looking fish (in my opinion). They are about 4-5 cm at present, so still a lot of growing, and colouring to do yet. My mission this weekend is to trim back some of the dying leaves from the sword, and clean up the sag, and as I mentioned add a second diy co2. we will see how it goes from there.