Next Step?

livebearer_breeder

PM Jetskisteve, he should be able to get you some good live rock, of course, shipping is a bit painful. When I got some off him it came out to about $15/kilo shipped, Which is only a few dollars more than just dead baserock from the lower hutt pet center. They're the cheapest place locally for base rock at $11/kilo. For a 100L you'd want somewhere around 10-15 kilos.

Oh...Just noticed you said to talk to Pies, Steve. hehe. You tell him how much you charge.:)

You could ring jansons or hollywood in Auckland as I think they sell cured dead rock and will take your creditcard number over the phone but their price will probably be deerer and freight, as ira said is a killer.

In fact New Zealand has one of the highest freight rates in the world almost deerer than America which is artificcially inflated due to the mafias interaction

If you have time you could buy dead rock and cure it in the sea but it is a big risk and you will get a big cycle as there will be alot of die off, there is a thread earlier by someone who done it.

Good luck,

Daniel

There must be someone or place in welly i can buy Live Rock and mushys?

Ah, now you're starting to understand why I get frustrated. :)

Rhemus at the pet shop in Kapiti might be able to get you some, I don't know. All he really has is fish and recently it looks like he's started getting a handful of corals. Graham at the lower hutt pet center can only get dead base rock. Either one may be able to get mushrooms, I dunno.