A nice surprise

livebearer_breeder

Well about an hour ago, i thought i better clean the gravel and do a water change of my killie tanks. I checked the mops first and found 4 scheeli eggs, 2 nigeritam (spelling?) gardneri gold eggs, and 2 dageti eggs.

Then i thought it might be a good idea to run the end of the tube of the siphon hose through a net, and see if i can find anymore eggs in the gravel.

After doing so i then placed the net in a small container of water, and to my suprise i found a baby scheeli, then i did it in each of the other killies tanks and i know have 1 fry of each species. which i thougth was quite a cool little suprise. Along with that i found a few more eggs from each species. And i know have quite a good collection of killie fry, when you add to that the month old around abouts 50 lineatus.

Cheers

Shae 250

• 1 month later...

Well a little while ago after my male scheeli jumped i was left with one female, i had put the 2 eggs that didnt fungaside from them into a tank to let them hatch, unfortunatly they just did a disapearing act on me and i never saw them or any fry again, so with them gone i decided to hatch some korthause in there which i did, I got a very small hatching off what i thought was 5 korthause in the tank, so the last month i have been growing them up, now there about 2cm long and i had not really looked at them hard enough to deferentaite sex. so this morning when i looked a them closely i was really surprised to see two 2cm scheeli in there swimming along happily with the korthause. hopefully one of the scheeli is a male and then i can start breeding them again :D:D

Shae