Aqua One Marine Systems

Brennos

I'm stuck on which of these would be better.

The 200 is 200l, where the 900 is only 176, but the 200 has a refugia, where the 900 has a stand alone Marisys system. Which is better? I don't know. The 200 has a separate skimmer. Can someone who knows more point me in the right direction? Am I even looking at the right products? Or would a red sea max 130d be a better option. I am limited to space, and these tanks are about as big as I can go unfortunately. Any thing bigger that the 900, and I wont be able to get into the room housing them.

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/aquareef200.php

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/aquamarine_900.php

Specs on the 200

Untitled-3_001.jpg

Specs on the 900

Untitled-6.jpg

All you need is the skimmer. the bio part of those systems are just nitrate factories

You still interested in my setup?

Semi Interested. I'd like something a little more compact (not size, but equipment), or at least covered, and the mechanicals hidden. As well as fitting with in my space requirements.

The RSM has always sparked my interest, but $2700 seems way over priced, hence I was looking at the Aquareef 200.

have seen a few marisys systems run sucessfully

Good to know. I was hoping you would post. Your opinion? If you HAD to choose between the 3 options, which one would you choose?

This will be a starter setup (hence the all-in-one), till we get our own house, and I can build something more permanent. But while we are renting, I want something I can move with relative ease if the times comes, and seeing as we live in a 1 bedroom house, something small (~200l), but also neat and tidy.

i don't have a personal preference with an all in one as they all seem to function well for a first setup

there are a couple of marysis locally that have been running for a few years now

price would affect my choice as i would look to upgrade later on and would expect to take a loss on the setup when reselling

have you had a shop around on trademe as a few come up from time to time

i don't have a personal preference with an all in one as they all seem to function well for a first setup

there are a couple of marysis locally that have been running for a few years now

price would affect my choice as i would look to upgrade later on and would expect to take a loss on the setup when reselling

have you had a shop around on trademe as a few come up from time to time

Yeah, there is one on trade me at the moment, its a aquamarine 900, it's been through a few hands but that's not too much of an issue.

The Marisys is a wet/dry filter with an air powered skimmer, the tech here is 20 years old. RSM's use needle wheel skimmers. There are some Aqua one tanks working out there but all the one's I have seen are fish only. If you are wanting to keep corals, there is no question in my mind which is the better way to go.

I'd ring around pet shops in other cities - Wellington, Christchurch etc. They're likely to have the RSM (250 even) at a much lower price. A RSM 250 sold for a bout $1300 recently from a shop in Porirua.

The tank sold in Porirua for $1300 was a 130d, I should know I sold it. 250's are selling for about $2700 but you wont be able to get one until Christmas, there were only 4 in the last shipment and they all sold before they even landed.

sorry suphew but thats rubbish - had hard and soft corals - fish and invertebrates all in a tank running a marisys 240 - no issues

What part is rubbish?

The bit where I have only even seen fish only Marisys's, cause I'm not sure how you know what I have seen?

Or the bit where wet and dry filters and air powered skimmers are 20 year old tech, and needle wheel skimers are the latest reef keeping tech?

I never said you couldn't keep corals with a marisys system, but when your asking which is better, there is no question that new needle wheel tech is going to win hands down over nitrate factories and air pumps.

The tank sold in Porirua for $1300 was a 130d, I should know I sold it. 250's are selling for about $2700 but you wont be able to get one until Christmas, there were only 4 in the last shipment and they all sold before they even landed.

Fair enough - my mistake. However, $2700 is still short of the $3799 they sell for in Auckland, and the stores that stock these seen haven't been able to shift much stock, probably due to the ridiculous pricing.

I rang HFF and asked for pricing on all 3 options last week, no one got back to me. This is the second time I have rang and asked for a quote, and the second time no one got back to me. It's as if they don't want to make sales. I guess the recession isn't hitting them too hard. I am going to email a few of their competitors around the middle north island up, and see how much I can get one for, I don't mind driving to Hamilton to save some coin. Company cars for the win.