Metabolic bone disease?

livingart

this 18 mth old beardie was brought in the other day

2 of them rescued by a lady 6 month ago

the one with legs and tail thin as matchsticks succumbed within a week

she has been syringe and habdfeeding this one, but is going overseas so left it with us

the first year of their life was poor lightinng and inadequate food

paralysed right front leg

MBD or mechanical damage and should it be put down?

beardiespine21.jpg

beardiespine2.jpg

beardiespine23.jpg

beardiespine.jpg

where there is life there is hope?I would be more inclined to try and do what you can for it and learn from the experience that you can pass on to others?if it is not in pain and you can get it to the stage of eating for itself and get some sun on his back,could be surprising how it responds?I am a bit soft when it comes to putting things down,depends how much time you have?

I wonder how much it would cost for an xray for educational purposes, would be good to see what is actually going on in there, poor thing.

I'd be heading for an x.ray with that head position. $66 for a turtle x.ray... I guess similar for beardie?

But as you say, if observation suggests its not going to make it then maybe best not to prolong possible suffering. Have you got a friendly vet who would do an autopsy for educational purposes? If you dont do one yourself? So sad and preventable. :cry: