Golden Algae eaters...

gagaforfish

...Are a pain in the bum.

I'm thinking about getting rid of mine and maybe getting a couple of little corydora? I liked the algae eaters at first, but they doubled in size and are getting slightly aggressive towards my fighter... They dont even really do much algae eating anymore... Any one else had similar problems???

As i am speaking my larger one is thrashing around and swimming around crazily...

...Are a pain in the bum.

I'm thinking about getting rid of mine and maybe getting a couple of little corydora? I liked the algae eaters at first, but they doubled in size and are getting slightly aggressive towards my fighter... They dont even really do much algae eating anymore... Any one else had similar problems???

As i am speaking my larger one is thrashing around and swimming around crazily...

I had once. It disappeared. Never to be seen again. No idea why.

They grow to about 15cm. Too big for a 34L

Yeah had a problem with 2 in a 90L tank attacking fellow fish. Had to remove everything from the tank to catch them, lmao.

I've heard they do grow more aggressive as they get bigger and would advise replacing them with something a bit more useful and friendly! (albino cats!!)

We've had no problems with ours so far, he's aprox 10cms and is in with a rainbow shark which just shouldn't work but so far*crossed fingers* has, he almost seems to be the peace maker as the shark has serious grumpy issues with our larger cheeky Krib, who swims circles around him and taunts him relentlessly. The GAE will give him a quick chase as if to say 'sort yourself out yah grumpy bugger' but that's as far as it goes

They weren't even slightly aggressive before i added the fighter..

I think i might sell them...

On the subject, one of mine is about 10cm and quite fat, while the other is about 3cm smaller and quite little? They are the same age and are fed the same, is it a gender thing??