Selling My Breeding Angelfish

fish_tank0311

Ok i have a breeding pair of yellowish and black marbled angel fish who are approx 15 months old and are breeding, laying lots and lots of eggs, and i am only 13 years old, with 3 freshwater tanks at a combined volume of 400L, and a 450 litre marine tank, so yeah i have lots of tanks but now im thinking about changing 1 of my freshwater tanks to cichlids, and im going to have to change my pH from about 6.7 to 8 to house the cichlids, and angels are not going to like that, so i am going to get rid of my breeding angels because they wont like their new environment. So obviously im selling them, and i would like some advise on what i should sell them for, should i offer to sell them to a LFS? What price should i list them for on Trade Me? Also if anyone reading this thread is interested in buying them then post or PM or something. Please dont report this as a thread in the wrong section as this isnt a for sale thread im just asking for advice.

THANKS ALL

They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them :) Post up some pics if you can and then people can advise what they might be worth, I have no idea what strains of angels are desirable at the moment, you might even find someone who will trade you africans for angels, I actually wouldn't mind a pair of angels and have heaps of africans so if I was closer and liked the fish might have tried that..

OK im about to fully rage and break my computer and hack this forum, i have no idea how to work this imaging system on this forum. Here is a link to my photobucket page, hopefully you can access it and see the pictures. I have 5 pictures of my angels on there, hopefully you can find them alright.http://s833.photobucket.com/home/coolboy0311/index Hope that works. Thanks

Hmm, well my tank is about 90 litres. Not sure about what i was planning on getting. I already have some black mollies in their which i am keeping, but i would like some cichlids which arent going to tear apart the plants, which go with electric yellows and 2 black mollies and their 1 baby who is the soul survivor. What would you recommend? I am going to have a few plants in there, at least thats what i want. Thanks Reevesta

Were you looking at getting africans or SA cichlids?

Dwarf cichlids like rams, kribs etc would be better because they would go better with mollies. Tho I think mollies perfer salt in their tanks?

I would recomend getting rid of the mollies because they would restrict the kind of cichlids you could get. Maybe peacocks they would go well with your E yellows.

Or you could just get some more of them of them? E yellows look realy good in larger groups and arn't as expensive as other brightly coloured african cichlids. :D

GREAT! Thanks for that advice. I thought about the mollies, and i have actually decided that i could put them into my 71 litre tank (the smallest of them all) in with some glowlight tetras and some neon tetras who are mostly all dying, seems neons are always like that to me. Hmm well electric yellows are africans right? Well then i guess i should do africans? I did hear that some SA dwarf cichlids etc are very cool and good in small tanks, but i also heard africans and SA's cant be in the same tank, as they will fight? I am going to get about 5-10 electric yellows, and then raise them and maybe sell some of them once they get to adults. Thanks for the advice.

Hmm well electric yellows are africans right? Well then i guess i should do africans? I did hear that some SA dwarf cichlids etc are very cool and good in small tanks, but i also heard africans and SA's cant be in the same tank, as they will fight? I am going to get about 5-10 electric yellows, and then raise them and maybe sell some of them once they get to adults. Thanks for the advice.

So can africans and dwarfs go together?

Yeah one or two should be fine but they sill get resonbly big (about 11-13cm) If you are looking to get one like my profile picture you will need to look hard. As most red jewels are a pale pink or grayish brown. Make sure you see the perents before you buy one.

Here is a picture of my breeding pair:

bazmrrow.jpg

And the male:

mjoncdwk.jpg