trouser snake

henward

No, I would either let serious dealers off lightly or put half the population in jail. Carrying a bit of pot for personal use is nowhere near as serious an offence as having a large quantity of class A drugs, why on earth would you want to treat both offences the same?

What else would you apply this flawed logic to, speeding tickets? Someone going 5kmh over the limit is fined the same as someone going 50kmh over the limit? All thats going to do is make people think "oh well if I'm going to get a ticket I might as well go as fast as I can"....

If it was applied to everything and as you use the example of speeding so will I. If everyone got one warning then lost their car everyone would drive at the limit (or not have a car to drive fast) This over time would stop ALL speed related deaths and everyone would get to where they want to without having to worry that someone is going to kill them by not being able to take a corner at 120km/h - add to that the same for drunk (or drugged) driving one warning then loss of car and 365 days prison

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why not take it that one step further and say anyone who breaks the law gets the death penalty?

I think you're over-simplifying it on many levels. Where do you draw the line with speeding? Do you allow a small tolerance for the inaccuracy of peoples speedometers? What about someone in a rush to get their pregnant wife to the hospital before she gives birth?

And how many "speed related deaths" happen below the speed limit where people aren't driving to the conditions? The open road limit might be 100kmh, but isn't someone taking a 50kmh corner at 90 in the wet and crashing a speed related accident?

Anyway, this is way off topic, and bordering on political and therefore against the rules, so I'll shut up. However I still maintain that it is a sham that someone who brings in a couple of nearly harmless reptiles is sent to jail while drink drivers who kill people are given home detention and community service.

They should send both types of people to jail.

they do...we are talking corn snakes here arnt we! dont get me wrong,but lets put it in perspective...in the 1800s a ship captain tryed to establish red bellied black snakes(luckly it wasnt tasmainian tiger snakes)...thankfully it failed....as far as i know pythons have been smuggled to nz for at least 40 years...anyone seen one? what about sea snakes that wash up...how venomous are they!!!!dont get me wrong,the last thing i would want to see established is a snake,but more than likely it wouldnt be venomous as people arnt that stupid these days.and if it was it would more than likley be eaten by a cat,dog ,ferret,stoat,e.c.t :roll: stop the knee jerk reaction!!!! :roll:

So why not take it that one step further and say anyone who breaks the law gets the death penalty?

I think you're over-simplifying it on many levels. Where do you draw the line with speeding? Do you allow a small tolerance for the inaccuracy of peoples speedometers? What about someone in a rush to get their pregnant wife to the hospital before she gives birth?

And how many "speed related deaths" happen below the speed limit where people aren't driving to the conditions? The open road limit might be 100kmh, but isn't someone taking a 50kmh corner at 90 in the wet and crashing a speed related accident?

Anyway, this is way off topic, and bordering on political and therefore against the rules, so I'll shut up. However I still maintain that it is a sham that someone who brings in a couple of nearly harmless reptiles is sent to jail while drink drivers who kill people are given home detention and community service.

yea yeeeeeea

Oh it might indeed be killed once it reaches here. but the potential organisms it carries won't die. and i think that's what they are trying to stop at the border.

Now I for one want to see more birds and reps being imported here. But within the grounds of being rational and feasible you, I and everyone with a grasp of biosecurity and what it means to NZ know changes to the current system are unlikely.

The outcome of this thread is a knee jerk reaction. It hasn't really achieved any thing at all has it?

Oh it might indeed be killed once it reaches here. but the potential organisms it carries won't die. and i think that's what they are trying to stop at the border.

Now I for one want to see more birds and reps being imported here. But within the grounds of being rational and feasible you, I and everyone with a grasp of biosecurity and what it means to NZ know changes to the current system are unlikely.

The outcome of this thread is a knee jerk reaction. It hasn't really achieved any thing at all has it?

round and round we go :lol: what about all the people we legaly import and all there organisms!!! :o

Yeah, but drunk drivers etc. only endanger their own and a few other peoples lives, a snake that was pregnant/ carrying a diesese could kill many more people.

We just did a topic on border security in Social Studies.

But I do wish snakes didn't come with all the problems because they would be pretty cool pets!

Yeah, but drunk drivers etc. only endanger their own and a few other peoples lives, a snake that was pregnant/ carrying a diesese could kill many more people.

We just did a topic on border security in Social Studies.

But I do wish snakes didn't come with all the problems because they would be pretty cool pets!

--------------

yeah snakes may have the RAGE disease, just like in 28 days later........................................................................................................................................