info about crypts needed

tbunting

hi there fish keepers

I'm looking at buying some crypts and was wanting to know do i need to look for anything when choosing and what are these guys and girls like to proper gate and how do they so are they all the same

please pm me with you knonloge and experteas

Tim

What to look for when choosing? Healthy lush green leaves with no sign of melt.

How do they propergate? Most commonly via runners. In wild they also flower and seed.

Are they all the same? NO, there are different types of Cryptocoryne and they come from varying environments. Some require hard water and some come from blackwater regions. Some prefer more light some prefer shade. All require nutrient rich media to grow in and to be left alone and not disturbed.

Does that answer you questions?

• 1 month later...

In my experiance most crypts are likely to melt when water conditions are changed drastically (like being moved from an established to a new tank) emerged grown or not, 90% of the time they sulk for 2 or 3 monthes beofre settling in and starting to grow well again. Once settled they grow like weeds. I generally remove all but 2 or 3 leaves when planting new crypts in my tanks to save having to remove them later.