need advice on 2 heaters in a tank

NoToRiOuS

Hi was thinking of getting 2 fluval 200watt E series heaters for my 240l tank,would this be overkill?was thinking that if there bigger they wont have to be on as long as the 100watt ones which are recommended for a tank size of 120l. Was going to have them both running and one acting as a back up heater just in case one failed.any advice much appreciated. Also anyone got one of these and how good are they, has quite a bit of positive feedback on the net.

personally i would have a fuval one as the main one and have another one as a backup, like an aquaone heater set at about 3 degrees lower than the fuval.

i dont see the point buying 2 good quality heaters when only 1 is needed and a cheeper one will do the same job as a backup.

can i ask what will be in the tank?

personally i would have a fuval one as the main one and have another one as a backup, like an aquaone heater set at about 3 degrees lower than the fuval.

i dont see the point buying 2 good quality heaters when only 1 is needed and a cheeper one will do the same job as a backup.

can i ask what will be in the tank?

thanks for the advice guys. its just a planted discus tank but had a heater fail one me, but lucky i caught it on time,was the only heater in the tank, so trying to prevent it happening again.

Works well, I have 2 300 watt heaters in my 450 litre tank, one set two degrees lower than the other and occasions they do both come on together. Its also a great backstop if one fails. If you can afford quality go for it and get two otherwise get one really good one and a cheaper one as the back stop. I find that the jagar heaters run for ever, not sure about the fluval though.