Some better shot of African male tank with LED lighting

firenzenz

Shot at night so only lights are tank lights with the LEDS.

One 4ft strip of white and one of blue. Really tempted to get another white for top and try blue along bottom of tank in rear.

Also have done slight restocking on tank- taking out some of older fish and growing out some new males.

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0223-1.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0214-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Not scientific at all- but based on comparative shutter/aperture used for both fluro and LED think the intensity of the LED lights is about the same as the fluro's, maybe a bit brighter, but colur temp is definitely cooler.

nice sunshine peacock male,the LED lights really bring out the colour!

Just out of interest which one would you call "sunshine' -as depending where you live there are two fish out of the three yellow peacocks shown here that would fit that common name. Why it is good to use the designated species name wherever possible with these fish.

Not scientific at all- but based on comparative shutter/aperture used for both fluro and LED think the intensity of the LED lights is about the same as the fluro's, maybe a bit brighter, but colur temp is definitely cooler.

Just out of interest which one would you call "sunshine' -as depending where you live there are two fish out of the three yellow peacocks shown here that would fit that common name. Why it is good to use the designated species name wherever possible with these fish.

Sorry i thought they were called sunshine peacock.GRRRRRRRRRR i am begging my mum for a bigger tank.I'm JEALOUS you have got really nice colouring on your electric yellows...unlike mine!

Awesome fish!

hey there! your tank looks AMAZING the LED's really bring out the colour! just wondering on a few pointers, me and my partner are setting up a 800l tank and making the hood stand etc, where did you get the lights from?? thanks alot :D

• 1 month later...

Cheers!

I've added 2nd white strip. Now 2 white and 1 blue.

Bit more white on foreground,

A few new inhabitants and some old. cheers!

Tropheops -Chilumba type:

Male

DSC_0062-1.jpg

Female

DSC_0131.jpg

Otopharynx Lithobates male

DSC_0128-1.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Copadichromis Azureus male

DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

Protemela-sp 'Taiwan reef' juvi male

DSC_0274.jpg

Protemela-sp 'Red empress- I have 3 young males from my old Alpha male but they are slow to colour up

DSC_0267.jpg

Haplochromis sp 44-"Brownae hap From Ryan Jury

DSC_0228-2.jpg

Young Dragon's blood male peacock also from Ryan.

DSC_0191-1.jpg

OB

DSC_0156-1.jpg

Cobue from Navarre

DSC_0262.jpg

Chilumba

DSC_0082-1.jpg

Rubescens-little bit subordinate to maleri Gold

DSC_0178-1.jpg

Maleri Gold

DSC_0146-2.jpg

Baenschi

DSC_0188.jpg

Jacobfreibergi

DSC_0186.jpg

your fish are awesome! an the LED tank lighting looks wicked il have to ask my electrician friend to hook me up haha

I missed out on buying some OB peacocks at redwood a few weeks back was totally gutted,they were there like 4days before hand but waited until payday an someone else brought them >.<

also that Chilumba is pretty cool to! if you get any fry id be very interested :P