cheap poly

henward

im gonna use screws with a thick head - thin pieces of wood to stable them with the screws ont o supporting structures (wood frame of garage)

silicon, duct tape to stick them on ceiling and to tape gaps.

Sounds like a plan, just normal countersunk surefix wood screws will be fine, get them about 30mm longer than the thickness of the poly you want to use. If you go to somewhere like carters or placemakers you might be able to scrounge the fillets [little thin flat pieces of timber they use between layers of the big packs of timber], they would be ideal and cheap/free.

See ya thursday!

its one of those thats metal that rolls into a giant roll, its in a box.

im gonna insulate teh box.

and ill just put make shift walls in front of the garage door t5o slow downt he heat transferance through the door itself.

its sealed at the bottom wtih rubber its good though.

the entrance door on the other hand has a 2.5 cm gap at the bottom, i can literally feel wind going in there, i think thats a big drainer.

will definately use a door snake lol

very simple yet effective.

ill put the door snake outside as i leave the garage, so the wind is slowed or stopped.

• 3 weeks later...

screws with large washers worked very well for mine and then i put tape over these as well to make sure the poly was completely sealed. The person who advised me, recommended wrapping the poly with polythene on both sides like a parcel so that it was completely sealed. It works really well and was easy to handle....I just didnt make the insulated space big enough. It usually maintains a 20 - 23 degree temp most of the winter and often goes up to 30+ over summer...