Pot Belly Seahorses

jc254

Hi

I am new to fish keeping, and the only reason why i am deciding to keep fish is because how cool the pot belly marines look.At the moment I have a water dragon but i doubt that the experience is comparable to keeping a marine. So I have no equipment no tank nothing. What do i need to know?

Thanks for the reply. I am looking at not jumping into anything/no commitments as of yet due to not knowig enough about care and set-up. I am a uni student, however not a broke one who complains about not having enough money (I work in a bar) so i guess i can take time saving money to get all the equipment needed.

I have been doing some reading on the seahorse (not marine basics) and have found that they grow to a whopping 35cm! and require cool waters of 18-22 degrees.

Thats cool so what size tank would i need for 2 boys and 2 girls? Obviously i am thinking tall, but really i have no ideas?

Was throwing around tank dimensions of 60 Long 60 Wide 90 High giving me a water volume of 325 liters?

I have been reading 120 liters for the first horse than 45 extra per horse? is this a good rule to follow?

(Please note I have a 0 knowledge base on marines)