Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Pot Belly Seahorses

Featured Replies

Hi

I am new to fish keeping, and the only reason why i am deciding to keep fish is because how cool the pot belly marines look.At the moment I have a water dragon but i doubt that the experience is comparable to keeping a marine. So I have no equipment no tank nothing. What do i need to know?

Hi and welcome jc254

Good to see you gathering info before going out and buying them on impulse, we have a few seahorse keepers here who can offer advice.

  • Author

Thanks for the reply. I am looking at not jumping into anything/no commitments as of yet due to not knowig enough about care and set-up. I am a uni student, however not a broke one who complains about not having enough money (I work in a bar) so i guess i can take time saving money to get all the equipment needed.

  • Author

I have been doing some reading on the seahorse (not marine basics) and have found that they grow to a whopping 35cm! and require cool waters of 18-22 degrees.

Thats cool so what size tank would i need for 2 boys and 2 girls? Obviously i am thinking tall, but really i have no ideas?

Was throwing around tank dimensions of 60 Long 60 Wide 90 High giving me a water volume of 325 liters?

I have been reading 120 liters for the first horse than 45 extra per horse? is this a good rule to follow?

(Please note I have a 0 knowledge base on marines)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.