help with natives!!

Really really interested in reptiles in nz been thinking about applying for a permit for a long time now. would probly get a common gecko or auckland green gecko. i need some advice!!!

Does any one have a care sheet available for them and if not.....

would a exo terra 76x76x183cm flexarium be okay to keep one in and would it be okay to keep them outside??

Is it easy to apply for a permit? im only 13 would i be able to get one? what substrate is best?

Any extra help would be awesome as i am really intrested in reptiles and want to get involved.

They should be kept outside all the time if possible, as they need something in sunlight.

I'm unsure about the cage, as you need to make it cat/animal proof and that size of the cage is probably a bit for one due the the amount of space live food has to escape. I'm sure you could save a bit of money by building one yourself as well ;)

Also if you haven't already have a read though some of the things on this site http://www.reptiles.org.nz/ there's an article on there about how to build a cage as well, but I can't seem to find it atm

Really really interested in reptiles in nz been thinking about applying for a permit for a long time now. would probly get a common gecko or auckland green gecko. i need some advice!!!

Does any one have a care sheet available for them and if not.....

would a exo terra 76x76x183cm flexarium be okay to keep one in and would it be okay to keep them outside??

Is it easy to apply for a permit? im only 13 would i be able to get one? what substrate is best?

Any extra help would be awesome as i am really intrested in reptiles and want to get involved.

hey im the same age as you an i have a common gecko!

to be honest if i put my gecko in somthing bigger than 60x30x30 i cant find it for monitor it

commons are nocturnal so dont come out at day so dont need sunlight but still bask somtimes

Just went on that site and registered as a member.

does anybody have some plans on how to biuld the correct cage or maybe an old cage that i could by?

thanks for all the help so far guys :D

and if i go and apply for a permit does my dad need to get it for me because i am only 13 or can i do it myself?

forest geckos n auckland greens need more space..... reckon 1200L+1200t+600w heavily planted native plants(manuka ,ferns e.c.t),outside enclosure, minimum for one but could keep 15+ adults but only 1 male of each subspecies.

imagin a double mesh(flyscreen n chickenmesh)box. with glass front. n planter box base. always glass on the southface....you can get an aluminiun profile from ulrich to do a sliding glass front.... common geckos need less space, i assume maculatus not pacificus?? enjoy a cliff face terrarium.... can keep inside but need much airflow n les uv.. :wink: