enclosure feedback

sneaky2

I think some simple low-ish tanks (like 30cm) high would be great (for smaller reptiles like geckos, and non climbers like BTs - with mesh tops, with mounts for lights and cabling etc..

Any ways you can make them more energy efficient at the same time too - retain heat at the warm end, but decent ventilation only at cooler end etc...

Glass aquariums and even glass terrariums are OK but not ideal - even my 120x45x45 isnt great. only reptile specific thing is sliding doors, and they arent great as one of my blueys has figured out how to open it. Bracing on normal aquariums too makes it hard to mount lamps and stuff hanging from the end - i had to make a bracket spanning the tank to mount my stuff on. Too much DIY required, and it takes a lot of time and effort to make the DIY stuff make a terrarium look good - so yeah, something more purpose built would be great.

The reptile one terrariums are OK - too small for beardies or blueys though (only 90 long) and although they have a mesh top - its not removable- and due to the hood, makes it difficult to mount decent lighting and heating (such as exo terra stuff) I work with them everyday and definately think that type of unit could be improved and simplified at the same time.

just my input, hope it helps.

I think some simple low-ish tanks (like 30cm) high would be great (for smaller reptiles like geckos, and non climbers like BTs - with mesh tops, with mounts for lights and cabling etc..

Any ways you can make them more energy efficient at the same time too - retain heat at the warm end, but decent ventilation only at cooler end etc...

Glass aquariums and even glass terrariums are OK but not ideal - even my 120x45x45 isnt great. only reptile specific thing is sliding doors, and they arent great as one of my blueys has figured out how to open it. Bracing on normal aquariums too makes it hard to mount lamps and stuff hanging from the end - i had to make a bracket spanning the tank to mount my stuff on. Too much DIY required, and it takes a lot of time and effort to make the DIY stuff make a terrarium look good - so yeah, something more purpose built would be great.

The reptile one terrariums are OK - too small for beardies or blueys though (only 90 long) and although they have a mesh top - its not removable- and due to the hood, makes it difficult to mount decent lighting and heating (such as exo terra stuff) I work with them everyday and definately think that type of unit could be improved and simplified at the same time.

just my input, hope it helps.

cheers for the feedback.i was thinking more along the lines of 2 to 3 metre cubes for outside n 2m long by 2m hgh by 1m deep for inside. il post a photo of my outside enclosure to get an idea. most of the small stuff is cheap and easyly available.