Bronze corydoras

Caldwell

Well what do you know, I put in 5 bronze cory's and 6 neon tetras to cycle my new tank and the cory's spawn. I arrive home and find a lot of eggs on the glass side panel in the current of the outflow from the filter. I think some are fertilised as they have different colours in the egg.

The infertile ones will turn white very quickly.

Pick them out with tweezers.

Gently roll the eggs up the glass until they stick 2 your finger (dont worry they are actually quite tough)

Then roll them on to teh side of a floating plastic container, flush with fresh tank water 2x daily min, remove any white eggs with tweezers, alternatively you can add a few drops of meth blue, but IMO tweezers are better.

Wrigglers at 3-5 days once egg sacs absorbed (2-3days) feed microworms, flush with tank water as often as you can, rub off any muck from bottom of container with a small paint brush before you flush.

They are fine like that for quite a while.

Good luck

Owen

• 4 weeks later...

Righto. I missed collecting the eggs on the first batch as they hatched, so I might have a few growing in the darkness of the main tank. However, the second laying and I managed to collect about half of them and they have hatched! On a quick count there are 40-50 swimmers! They are in a small plastic container in the main tank at the moment, and will look to move them to the smaller tank over the weekend.

• 1 month later...

After a hectic few months, and a second spawning I now have 7 fry about 5mm long. Quite a large loss since I counted 60 odd swimmers when they first hatched. I've put the loss down to keeping them too long in the small container, before transferring them to my small tank. Busy work life has a lot to be accounted for!