60cm Journal

fordayzbro

The algae most likely was caused by the lack of CO2 which prevented the plants from using up the nutrients. Staghorn is particularly common from CO2 fluctuations. Good to hear the fish are ok though. :)

Thanks Jennifer,

Thought as much with the Co2..... Staghorns going to be a tough fight to remove especially when it takes over like it has. :evil:

Might be time to strip the tank down and start over, I have a new stone that's asking for a new scape :wink:

Fish seem back to normal :bounce:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

ADA ferts arrived today, very impressive. Hopefully the ferts will be as quality as the presentation.....

So I've hacked most of staghorn affected areas out being ruthless as possible, Co2 is back up and running. Will see how the tank recovers with the ferts but TBH I'm ready to strip this down and start over :roll:

DSC_1468.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

Finally I seem to be winning the battle with Staghorn! :bounce:

I've pretty much been hacking away at the affected plants for the last 2 weeks and dosing excel daily. The glosso is starting to bounce back from almost total annihilation.

To help stay ontop of the algae I have a purchased an Eheim 2224 which has increased my circulation and have ordered a Rhinox 2000 to improve my CO2 distribution.

DSC_1570.jpg

Eh crud.... i'm guessing i'm having a bad luck? i order the same fertz in ebay and got hold in custom! and they replied prohibited goods! did yours get stop?

Did you have anything else in the order? When mine arrived the package was clearly noted what was inside so I assume it's O.K to import.... :o

No, there won't be a refund as the sellers do not take liability for import restrictions.

Call up MAF - they would have checked the package based on the biosecurity act, but occasionally they do get things wrong. If you call them up on the number provided (depends on who is dealing with the case - customs or MAF) they are quite understanding if you tell them what it is.

• 2 weeks later...