May 16, 201016 yr comment_371718 As suspected, the people in the shops don't know anything. Maybe, if we get enough information, or everyone lists what paints they've used, a sticky could be made? maybe? But still, I'm looking for what paints are safe! Thankyou. ps, don't have time to search lots of info... Report
May 16, 201016 yr comment_371722 What do you want to paint? Do you want something to go inside your tank or just paint the back or something like that? Report
May 16, 201016 yr comment_371767 Oic you can find as much info as you need using the search function, I know you "don't have time to look through lots of info" but it is all there and searching "painting backgound" or something like that will surely bring it up.. Report
May 16, 201016 yr Author comment_371769 I have time now, I was going out, then hopefully coming back, finding the info, and leaving again. But noooo. :lol: No worries though. Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372065 marine paints will work under water - expensive likely, and will need time to go off so they stop leaching solvent Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372084 Don't some marine paints have anti fouling chemicals added, that may be toxic? Report
May 18, 201016 yr Author comment_372087 Probably, I went to mitre 10, they didn't know, a person rang up a lot for people for me, but they all told her that they "Can't recommend it" which means they have no idea.. Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372089 can't recommend it usually means can't recommend it. AKA try it at your own risk. :roll: Report
May 18, 201016 yr Author comment_372092 which means they don't know the outcome, which means they don't know! Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372095 Send a PM to Spoon, he will be able to tell you - he has made a lot of those backgrounds. 8) Report
May 18, 201016 yr Author comment_372096 I have, He said he had some I could borrow, told me to ring him, I put it off and forgot, I pm'd again and said I could come and get it whenever, but I'm afraid I may have wasted his time and now he doesn't wanna give it to me. Which is fair enough. :oops: Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372097 Oh well, live and learn. You could always tell him you were being a stupid kid, we can all relate to that. Try si_sphinx as well, some serious experience there too. Report
May 18, 201016 yr comment_372182 I was having a browse at Bunnings yesterday and I spotted some pond sealer, comes in clear, blue, black and maybe a few other colours, perhaps you could put a few clats of clear over top of what ever you are painting to seal it? Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372185 Have called Dulux? 0800 4 DULUX (38589) or 0800 800 424 If you speak to the supplier they might be able to help you Report
May 19, 201016 yr comment_372340 Two part epoxy paints last for years on boat hulls. Mitre ten mega, Bunnings are the cheapest places to look fot them. Report
May 20, 201016 yr Author comment_372433 Boat hull =/= aquarium. Anyone know of any they have used? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.