what do you think?

DEE

hi all I'm am going through a stage that its my bday 15 may and i get bday money from all the family to give an indication last year i got around $550 all up, so that's alot of money. I'm now thinking that i would be able to turn my tank into a really kool american cichlid tank with that plus money i would get from seeing my fish so that i would say about $600 so all up i got $1150

my plans were to have an all asian set up will some american cichlids my tank was going to have

green arowana

4 borneo tigers

14 silver dollars

1 surinimenses

1 oscar

atm i have

4 borneo tigers

14 silver dollars

1 surinimenses

1 oscar

what do you guys think please i just want to see what you guys think end the end i will decide but i really want some feedback from people on there a pinion and some info from people that have done this before

so Asian fish or american cichlids :lol:

i am going to be decreasing the number in the tank because there is to many.

and i was only thing like 4-5 of the best american cichlids

and maybe some bottem feeders

my plans were to have an all asian set up will some american cichlids my tank was going to have

green arowana

4 borneo tigers

14 silver dollars

1 surinimenses

1 oscar

atm i have

4 borneo tigers

14 silver dollars

1 surinimenses

1 oscar

so you were just going to add a green aro to the mix

and now you are asking should you go american cichlids is that right?

I think that a subject like "WHAT DO YOU THINK" written all in capitals is likely to put people off reading your posts. ;)

Seriously though, I'd reduce the number of silver dollars, and add a few more cichlids, nothing too aggressive, maybe severums, or heckelii if you can find some.

ok guys im was thinking about having a whole tank of Asian species fish i am now thinking to change and have an all American cichlids tank.

i want to now what you guys would do if it was your chose and i want to know if any body has either had full Asian tank or full American cichlid tank and what the opinion is on that. :)

Asians are more likely to get drop eye than blacks. A black would be more suited to a tank with other fish, jardinis have a nasty (and deserved) reputation. I'm not sure about keeping a black with aggressive central american cichlids, but with more peaceful south americans it should be fine.

Asians are more likely to get drop eye than blacks. A black would be more suited to a tank with other fish, jardinis have a nasty (and deserved) reputation. I'm not sure about keeping a black with aggressive central american cichlids, but with more peaceful south americans it should be fine.

ya the jardinis are a bit more stroppy but thats why i want to put it with aggressive cichlids and the blacks do look awesome but im also doubting that they would be ok with aggressive cichlids and the central american cichlids are my fav

ya the jardinis are a bit more stroppy but thats why i want to put it with aggressive cichlids and the blacks do look awesome but im also doubting that they would be ok with aggressive cichlids and the central american cichlids are my fav

Agressive fish get old really quick.

If it was me I would do a smaller tank 250-300L with smaller/schooling species but do it well. All quality gear good/bulk lights,substrate and Ehiem. Your set up would last for years and it would be small enough to take with you when you leave home that way it's like your giving to your family too.

Just hope you have been good or you might end up with goldfish :lol:

If it was me I would do a smaller tank 250-300L with smaller/schooling species but do it well. All quality gear good/bulk lights,substrate and Ehiem. Your set up would last for years and it would be small enough to take with you when you leave home that way it's like your giving to your family too.

Just hope you have been good or you might end up with goldfish :lol:

haha about the goldfish haha ya that would be a really good idea thanks for the feed back but i have no space to put another tank i have tried many times with my parent to let me get a tank like that but they just wont budge :(