Indostomus world

Deepsound

Here's a specific (i'm not sure about the word...) tank, just for indostomus crocodilius.

img_5956.jpg

img_6193.jpg

One of its inhabitants. There are five of these little guys here.

img_5856.jpg

img_5941.jpg

Pretty acidic water (ph 6.5) and no filter, in order to keep micro fauna safe because those fishes doesn't eat anything else but daphnias, copepods and so on.

Thanks for your comments :D

Yep, it's my tank.

20 liters (40x20x25 cm)

I set it up in july 2009.

Natural light and no filter. I use floating plants to clean water (pistia, lemna, salvina). Given that they need pretty acidic water, I use oak leaves to get that and rain for the water. You're lucky in NZ cause there's no pollution :)

View from above

img_6167.jpg

I've been told about that fish by a friend of mine who works in a pet shop. No one wanted to buy them (too small, no bright color... and difficult to feed them). He knows i'm fond of little species. So I discovered thoses little fishes (length : 3cm max).

img_6683.jpg

You certainly have one stunning looking tank. Do you have any full tank shots or are these them?

No pollution in NZ! Thats going a bit far these days. It used to be that way but not so common now.

Is this your only tank or do you have more?

SamH - its not the fish I want so much although they are nice, its a tank that looks like that that I would love to have. :D

Do you have any full tank shots or are these them?

The first one is a full tank shot.

Sorry, i don't have anyone else.

No pollution in NZ! Thats going a bit far these days. It used to be that way but not so common now.

I'm speaking about air pollution ;)

Compared to Europe, your sky is so clean... :)

And I think NZ rivers are pretty much pure than ours, aren't they ?

It's a kind of mess here. We just can't eat freshwater fishes cause of PCB and so on... :cry:

Is this your only tank or do you have more?

SamH - its not the fish I want so much although they are nice, its a tank that looks like that that I would love to have. :D

Thanks Adodge :D

I have more, fresh and marine.

And some terrarium too.