What doyou think of this? thinking about going marine again

cichlid7

it can be done, but you will most likly get annoyed at the limatations that it has, a standard tank that same size will cost around the same, as for the lights, filter etc, you not going to use them any way so your wasting money on them any way

Lights in that aquarium are severely lacking. You'll end up either ripping the hood off, or modifying with LED / T5HO lighting. Both expensive options :D

You could keep fish w/ some low end mushrooms or similar I think. A lot of corals you won't be able to get due to the depth and lacking lighting in the tank.

I am 99% sure that lighting has been upgraded to 4x T5 in that tank. I brought the other thank that came from the same person that made this one. The one in the auction was used for corals and the tank I brought was for fish only, he had them both running together.

I changed the lighting to 4x T5 on my tank.

You can view my tank here, most of the corals were small frags and were fine under 4x T5

tankMarch.jpg

i had one of this flavour and great quailty tank itself but the cabinets are just rubbish!

I have an Aqua One Ar-620 , Ar-850 , Ar-980 at the moment in freshwater so was just asking about the marine side of things.

Red Sea is what you want.Micheal at Aqua Fever in Hastings is the man to speak to

Yea But im in chch

As a basic, modified aquaone tank it looks "ok".

But you would still need to buy:

a return pump

skimmer

stream(s)

live rock

fish

corals.

Plus if the lights are standard, they won't be sufficient for most corals and the hood will need modifying to add more.

The sump will be limiting in what size skimmer you can put in it, the prior owner may be able to assist with what skimmer that they used.

It's a Jinlong tank I guess.

I got two of them but for freshwater.

Price seems to me OK.

You have to ask about lighting power (modified or not).

About equipment, what about Jaubert or DSB method ? You can it setup without spending a lot of money this way. This tank got 53 cm of depht. It's a bit high for T5 (better with metal halide bulbs). But with a DSB, you can put a good sand layer and T5 will be OK.

Is it possible for you to take natural sea water near christchurch ?

Another way to save money if the water quality is good.