Personality Scores

Did this quiz on facebook based on real shrink tests. You can only answer 100 q's at max, and to do the full test you got to pay money. It seems relatively accurate given you can only answer 100 of the possibly 336 questions or so that would be expected in a real test.

See my Personality Profile

The results are fairly comprehensive and break down into different aspects with a brief summary at the end of it. This is part of what I got -

ENTJs often excel in business. They are assertive, outspoken, confident, outgoing, energetic, charismatic, fair-minded, and unaffected by conflict or criticism. However, other traits may lessen the impact of their strengths. They may appear argumentative, confrontational, insensitive, intimidating, and controlling. They can overwhelm others with their energy, intelligence, and desire to order the world around them. ENTJs tend to cultivate their personal power, and often end up taking charge of a situation that seems (to their mind, at least) to be out of control. Also, ENTJs seek knowledge, striving to learn new things, which helps them become good problem-solvers. They may be viewed by others as aloof and cold-hearted, since ENTJs appear to take a tough approach to emotional or personal issues. In situations requiring feeling and value judgments, ENTJs are well served to seek the advice of a trusted Feeling type.

Trait Explanations

In order to interpret your raw trait scores, they were compared to the first 350,000 people to complete the full MyPersonality Big Five questionnaire. This allows the way that you described yourself to be put in the context of how other people respond to the questionnaire. You should remember that there are no fundamentally good or bad personalities, as each trait description has potential advantages and disadvantages.

Openness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer novelty versus convention. Approximately 58% of respondents have a lower openness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is aware of their feelings but doesn't get carried away with their imagination either. You might say that you embrace change when it is necessary while still resisting it when you think it is not, and that beauty is important to you, but it's not everything.

Conscientiousness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. Approximately 84.1% of respondents have a lower conscientiousness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is a perfectionist. From your responses it appears that you prefer to plan everything to the last detail, which has consequently led to you being very successful and extremely reliable. From your responses it appears that more than most you enjoy seeing your long-term plans come to fruition.

Extraversion

This trait refers to the extent to which you enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. Approximately 88.5% of respondents have a lower extraversion raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is constantly energetic, exuberant and active. Your answers describe you as someone who aims to be the centre of attention at social occasions, asserts yourself when in groups, and usually says, "Yes!"

Agreeableness

This trait refers to the way you express your opinions and manage relationships. Approximately 24.2% of respondents have a lower agreeableness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who people can find difficult to get along with when you first meet, as you can be suspicious of their motives. Your responses suggest that over time though people warm to you, and you to them, although that doesn't stop you telling them "how it is".

Neuroticism (Emotional Stability)

This trait refers to the way you cope with, and respond to, life's demands. Approximately 27.5% of respondents have a lower neuroticism raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is calm and emotionally stable. Based on your responses, you come across as someone who is rarely bothered by things, and when they do get you down the feeling does not persist for very long.

It also said a match for my career path should be international business (#1) and Finance (#7). Funnily enough I have a degree in both Finance and International Business.

Interesting to see what other people get too. I've always liked these tests. Post up! :D

ISTP

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

ISTPs excel at analyzing situations to reach the heart of a problem so that they can swiftly implement a functional repair, making them ideally suited to the field of engineering. Naturally quiet people, they are interested in understanding how systems operate, focusing on efficient operation and structure. They are open to new information and approaches. But contrary to their seemingly quiet and detached natures, ISTPs are often capable of humorously insightful observations about the world around them, and can be closet daredevils who live on the edge by gravitating toward fast-moving or risky hobbies. ISTPs tend to save their energy until they see a project worthy of their time, and then they launch themselves at it.

Openness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer novelty versus convention. Approximately 24% of respondents have a lower openness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who dislikes needless complexity, and prefers the familiar over the unusual. You might say that you are more conservative than many, but not to an extreme level, and that you value practical outcomes over flighty imagination.

Reflective question: How do you respond to people who have lots of new ideas?

Conscientiousness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. Approximately 21% of respondents have a lower conscientiousness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is spontaneous and fun, and that you like to do unexpected things that make life that bit more interesting. You might say that you aren't completely unreliable, but you've been known to slip up on occasion.

Reflective question: How do you go about tackling a new task?

Extraversion

This trait refers to the extent to which you enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. Approximately 28% of respondents have a lower extraversion raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who prefers low-key social occasions, with a few close friends. You might say that it's not that you are afraid of large parties; they're just not that fun for you.

Reflective question: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Agreeableness

This trait refers to the way you express your opinions and manage relationships. Approximately 16% of respondents have a lower agreeableness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is willing to make difficult decisions when necessary, and will point out when something is wrong no matter what other people might feel. Your responses suggest that you would say that you can be tough and uncompromising.

Reflective question: When others are experiencing problems, what do you do?

Neuroticism (Emotional stability)

This trait refers to the way you cope with, and respond to, life's demands. Approximately 44% of respondents have a lower neuroticism raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is generally calm. Based on your responses, you come across as someone who can feel emotional or stressed out by some experiences, however your feelings tend to be warranted by the situation.

It suggests maths, cooking and history for me :o

McQuaig's is on the lower end of the reputable test scores. Too much generalisation with the final test score.

But yeah I've done it.

Also done a few others. Longest of which was with the bank, and that took about 2hours and 40 minutes to complete.

p44, that is almost exactly how I pictured you! :lol:

Also, with the career paths, Finance and business are very broad, and if there are 5 in between them, theres like 7 options that probably cover the entire career opportunities. IMO, its stupid. :P

My mum is trying to get me to take a career test thingy.... stupid.

Did anyone have problems doing this on FB? I first answered 20 questions, then read that the more you do the more accurate it is, so changed it to 100, then I couldn't get it to load properly. Finally got it to load, answered the 100 questions then clicked to see results and it didn't load my results :\

I do see a lot of value in psychometric testing, but they do need to be put within context and taken with a grain of salt.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test (which is alluded to with the ENTJ and ISTP) is an extention of Carl Jung's work and has been in use and revised since world war II. It is the most widely used personality instrument in the world and is considered reliable and valid. I have no idea what the other part of the 'test' is.

It refers to your natural preference, but that does not mean people cannot and do not operate outside of those preferences. For example, you naturally write with one hand or the other - but you can write with the other, however messy, and can get better at doing so with practice. It's most interesting when you look at it in regards to its implications on group dynamics (Phoenix and N1cks results could be interesting to look at)

The career choices are likely showing where your MB type is over-represented ie people of your type tend towards this sort of work. It is no indicator of ability or future success. Just do something you enjoy doing :)

The only thing that I'd disagree with my analysis is this -

based on your responses, you come across as someone who is rarely bothered by things, and when they do get you down the feeling does not persist for very long.

It's the opposite in reality. Maybe if I answered all the 336 odd Q's the data would be more reliable.

lol, mine was ISTJ

ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

ISTJs thrive on organisation. They keep their lives and environments well-regulated. They bring painstaking attention to detail in their work and will not rest until satisfied with a job well done. ISTJs are faithful, logical, organized, sensible, and earnest traditionalists. They earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Shutting out distractions, they take a practical, logical approach to their endeavors. Realistic and responsible, they work steadily toward their goals. They enjoy creating order in both their professional and personal lives. ISTJs are persons of thoughts and (sometimes) emotions. They prefer dealing with the present and factual, using various options to make decisions.

yep, pretty much sounds like my analytical self.. but i can add a fair dash of emotion and intuition to that too.. hehe I'm a thinking female with a good dash of intuition.

my college match was:

#1 Chemistry

#2 Biology

haha , no wonder I ended up keeping fish .. even if i did start late , very late!

It's strange though, the test did not at all reflect my creative side... I play saxophone, violin, flute and have been in a few bands in years gone b, and love to experiment in the kitchen. My daughter picks up the art side of things (she is very good and my son carries son with the music.

I did another one of these thingees another time and it came up as melancholic phlegmatic.. ... which covered my musical interests and deep thinking, and totally introverted (unless I'm with people I know really well!)

Like someone else said ... all taken with a grain of salt.

Incidentally, although I did a couple of lab jobs when I left school.. I now work as a teacher aide with special needs/learning needs and behavioural kids.. nothing at all to do with any of the sciences haha.. (maybe some psychology)

lol, mine was ISTJ

yep, pretty much sounds like my analytical self.. but i can add a fair dash of emotion and intuition to that too.. hehe I'm a thinking female with a good dash of intuition.

It's strange though, the test did not at all reflect my creative side... I play saxophone, violin, flute and have been in a few bands in years gone b, and love to experiment in the kitchen. My daughter picks up the art side of things (she is very goomy college match was:

haha , no wonder I ended up keeping fish .. even if i did start late , very late! d and my son carries son with the music.

It might be that you have marginal results in some areas (ie show characteristics of both sides)

Maybe try doing the actual MBTI test and look at the results there: http://apps.facebook.com/my-type/

You are: The Crafter (ISTP)

ISTPs are realists who apply expediency and reasoning as they manage and adapt to situations. They are aware of what is going on in the environment and are able to respond quickly to the actual facts, making sure the odds of success are in their favor. They do not like to be tied down and will feel hamstrung when they must operate within tight structures and schedules. They are able to anticipate immediate, practical needs in situations and to present a logical, straightforward plan for meeting those needs. They are at their best in situations that require immediate attention

You are clearly an Introvert

You scored 97% in the direction of Introversion, which means you are clearly an Introvert. People who are clearly Introverts are reserved, quiet, and contemplative. They dislike the social pressures of large groups and being the center of attention, but are not necessarily shy. They frequently spend time alone in order to reflect and "recharge".

Sounds about right

ISTP

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

ISTPs excel at analyzing situations to reach the heart of a problem so that they can swiftly implement a functional repair, making them ideally suited to the field of engineering. Naturally quiet people, they are interested in understanding how systems operate, focusing on efficient operation and structure. They are open to new information and approaches. But contrary to their seemingly quiet and detached natures, ISTPs are often capable of humorously insightful observations about the world around them, and can be closet daredevils who live on the edge by gravitating toward fast-moving or risky hobbies. ISTPs tend to save their energy until they see a project worthy of their time, and then they launch themselves at it.

This is quite accurate for me. I try very hard to break out of my naturally shy mindset, but deep down, I'd rather not be spending time with people.

1 Law

2 Economics

3 International Relations

4 Biochemistry

5 Management

Interestingly enough, I am doing law, management and economics at university, with an intent to get into international law (linked closely with IR). When I started uni, my first degree was biochemistry.

I take these tests with a grain of salt, but I did it 3 times (the 100 question test) and it came up with the same answers every time, though 2 - 5 on my majors was in a different order each time.

Did anyone have problems doing this on FB? I first answered 20 questions, then read that the more you do the more accurate it is, so changed it to 100, then I couldn't get it to load properly. Finally got it to load, answered the 100 questions then clicked to see results and it didn't load my results :\

any luck now?