My Discus fish Yo!

henward

I also agree...although I can't get my discus to touch tucker yet and it ends up making a huge mess in my tank.

I bought these really good quality pellets from Stuart Lord. My discus love them :)

Here is the nutritional break down for anyone who is interested:

Live Food Replacement Diet Proximate analysis:

*Protein 60%

*Lipids 18%

Ash 15%

Moisture 8%

Vitamin C 1,000 ppm

Vitamin E 400 ppm

*Astaxanthin, 500 ppm ( promotes growth )

Comes in 800-1000 microns (new recipe- no squid meal) and is 500-800 microns (old recipe - with squid meal). I feed the bigger pellets to my large discus and the smaller pellets to the ones I'm still growing out as a staple diet. They love it! I can practically see my young super checkerboards grow before my eyes! The larger pellets are lighter in colour, but the smaller ones are very red and thus will make the poop really red. I also feed colour bits to the large discus for variety along with frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms. I find that colour bits definetly put more of a red tint on the fish's colour when i feed more of them while the pellets do not. Its funny though, every discus has its personal preference for what they like the best :)

My rams spawn every 2 weeks on the small pellets as well! And they are pretty fussy eaters so I was surprised how they gobbled this stuff down almost immediately.

Stu also feeds this stuff to his Apistos with great success. But because its such good quality, its not the cheapest, but I found the prices really fair... much better then what you'd get a petshop for less and of a lower quality.

They are imported from some manufacture...best ask Stu about it because I don't know what kind of aquaculture they were originally intended for. He may list these pellets on trademe...can't check because I'm at work but I can PM his email if you want.

There is NO chicken meal/land animal proteins in these foods only fish, plankton, shrimp etc. No artificial colours either which can affect fertility. Remember the pellets are a very rich, high protien food. So even if your fish say they want more as their bellies are not full as they grow I would be careful only to feed it once per day.

He estimates that 200g of pellets will last at least a 2-3 months when combined with other foods dependent of cause on how much and how often you feed it. He can vacuum pack some of the food so that it lasts longer if you buying more bulk sums.

2357715850033337904S600x600Q85.jpg

pictures of the pellets packaging?

what was teh pellets intended for?

He's such a nice guy too, its a shame he doesn't advertise this stuff more! I will do it for him because I have been convinced :P

wow, cool!

you have me convinced to contact him and buy some to see how it works. my hypans would love it.

Yeah didn't remember him listing the pellets before. I contacted him originally for his flakes and decap and that is when he told me about it.

he has some auctions on trademe at the moment - none for the food you are talking about Milena. Ive contacted him via pm and he will get back to me. ill keep you posted firenzenz.