Some of my Natives (vid)

supasi

The details are in your Yearbook, but basically...

Categories are:

Aquarium -

Tropical Freshwater

Tropical Marine

Cold Water

Max 4 mins

Tank dimensions must be displayed in the bottom left hand corner of the tank, this may be removed after the first viewing.

Overall view first, then zoom in and pan across the tank, NOT focusing on any specific fish, then pan back again unless all the tank can be seen on zoom. Pan again a couple of times, then zoom out to focus on the whole tank again.

Fish -

Tropical Freshwater

Tropical Marine

Cold Water

Max 2 mins

A fish may be in a tank on its own or in a community tank, as long as it can be seen clearly for the stated time. BOTH sides of the fish must be seen during the filming. A ruler or piece of paper that clearly shows graduations up to 10 cm should be affixed to the bottom of the tank.

All videos may be edited.

All videos may be VHS or CD/DVD format.

This is a club based competition, and only one entry per category per club is allowed, these may be combined on one tape/CD/DVD but must be separate chapters and not run together continuously. If there are multiple entries for the same category for one club, the club must decide which entry/s to submit.

All entries must have the club and submitter/s names on it for each category.

Phew - I think that is about it!

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise about the dirty glass.

The only light this tank recieves is from the window behind it. The algae grows on the glass. Its food for the shrimp and it looks more natural that way in my opinion.

I found a cool tree stump a week ago and have added that but it is too big in my opinion. May have to get rid of it as it takes up most of the tank

P1010287.jpg

Nice tank Supasi.

I love natural looking :D

Could you name me the fish at 2:22 (first vid) ?

And, about this shrimp, is it a paleomonetes (ghost or glass shrimp)?

P1010370.jpg

Agree with Livingart ;)

It'd be cool to setup a longer tank, trying to simulate a stream.

I got a project like that in my mind but looking for time and room for doing it... :roll:

Thanks Aquila :)

Very interesting link !

Nice shrimp, I like their transparent body.

In France, we got some natives ones that look like to Paratya curvirostris. They can live in fresh and brackish water too. I've set up a 20 L tank with. Just natural light from the window too. Very beautiful when the sun comes up :D

img_0551.jpg