Checkerboard cichlids

Jennifer

I have never seen them (that does not mean they are not allowed nor in the country though) but have seen Crenicara filamentosa or Dicrossus filamentosa which are awesome little fish..

:hail: Excellent! I would be very interested in either of those. Are they on the list very often?

They are the same fish the name has just been changed several times.. They don't come in very often, the importer that brought in some of the latest german bred fish tried to bring some in but they didn't make it through quarantine according to the hollywoods thread. There are some sitting in a tank in Christchurch that I am waiting for the owner to breed :) :)

So for the less subtle.

yes I couldnt leave it alone

I imported ten of these about 12 months ago

One was lost is shipping and the rest were taken to my room

I gave four away and they have since been removed from any possible breeding program

I have two pairs I think left and they go thru the motions about once a month or so but I just can not get them to raise fry.

So it is a work in progress.

Stunning fish in the flesh and no pictures I have seen do them justice

If an importer can gather more then I am up for it first of the rank.

Mine are filamentosa as maculata are rarer in the hobby and is a location based varient.

Both are very nice fish and well are a work in process...hmmmm

Thats about it really

Nav