Anyone know much about diversion?

yep that was big bust for the Police - a huge undercover op with a lot of man hours put in

Puffer - if i were you i would get out of the situation and put myself as far away from the person(s) that have the drugs in the house etc dont associate with them at all. unsure but it may be a wise thing for you to actually go to the police and tell them whats going on - be up front that you have no involvement and want to get out of there..

I have to ask...What is diversion?

its basically a slap on the hand.

A formal warning if you will, and it means the defendant does not get a conviction.

usually each person gets only 1 diversion for certain types of crimes, but courts can grant more than one diversion.

it is completely different to a DWC - discharge without conviction, which wipes the slate clean - like nothing ever happened.

One note on what p44 said. Diversion is outside of what the Courts handle. It is a police programme for 1st time offenders of minor charges.

DWC will often be imposed in similar situations where police have not offered diversion should the judge deem it appropriate.

I just found this so there is a slim chance you might get away with it but is does say "in some circumstances" but after reading the it is does not seem like it happens that often.

Drug offences

Do not consider diversion for class A and B drug offences, including precursor and synthetic substances. However, you may consider diversion in some circumstances for:

• possessing small amount of cannabis oil (class B)

• possessing needles and utensils

• cultivating cannabis (class C offences).

Class B is domestic cultivation (not supply)

Class B is oil or hash.

A grinder to break it up before being put in to a foil will produce hash in the bottom of it and I know a guy that got done for a small amount in the bottom of his grinder

wow this has created some interest!

i do appreciated all the advice.

I dont want to stay here, have been wanting to go for a while now, its just finding a suitable place, but after lastnight, i think any place will do.

What was here is now gone, and asked to never return. I showed the person in question the info on the police website about various penilaties and charges, and he took it a little more seriously.

but im still going....i aint staying here! i dont need anyone to help ruin my life thanks very much!

Having more than 28 Grams of weed (1 ounce) is deemed as supplying/dealing so consequences start getting serious

Anything less, for a first offence tends to be a small fine and its on your record (as someone mentioned, this would restrict you from travelling to some countries)

From my experience (of people I know) having 1 - 4 plants and being caught, if first time offence, is normally the maximum fine and a warning that they wont be so nice next time.

Sorry to hear of your situation. I personally believe that it should be legalised. If they really want to cut down on gangs, then they need to take away 1 of their main sources of income. Noones going to buy from gangs if they can get it elsewhere or legally grow for personal use. This recent bust of places like Switched On Gardener, who supply the Hydroponic equipment, isn't going to do diddly squat in the long run, its mearly a quick fix, for an otherwise unstoppable market.

Note: I am not a pot smoker (alergies), but I have many friends who are