Infrared bulbs

phrog

Is it better to use those red infrared heat bulbs or ceramic heat emitters? Or does it matter? Also, would a 60w of either suffice to bring temp up to about 25-30 degrees C in a terrarium (not used as a basking lamp)? Neet advice :hail:

Cheers.

I prefer emitters myself. Red light is suppose to be invisible but i dont beleave it to be 100% (thats just me though)

Depends on the size and setup of terrarium? Thats pretty hot to. Too hot for whistlers. 22-26C I find a good temp for bells (aurea). Any higher theyl be bouncing off the walls...literally lol and more demanding on food and or more keen to eat each other :o:D

Oh, its not for whistlers haha. Its for a blue tongue. I got the tank wednesday and I'm wiring up the lights and electrical side of things with an electrician mate this weekend hopefully. Off to buy mesh and turf tomorrow.

So for BTs, is that a good temp then?

I use a thermostat with a ceramic heat emitter and add a boost with a standard spotlight on a timer with the UV in the winter. My beardies are brumating at the moment so will be up and about and all go while still in the winter. A thermostat takes a lot of worry and mucking about away.

i brought a infra red heat lamp(50w) for my frog tank im sorry i cant help with your reptiles i brought it primarrily for nocturnal veiwing but found out it wasnt much good as the frogs still didnt do a lot until i turned it off ! now that i have a 15w moonlight tube the bulb is now in a recessed downlight fitting outside on my deck the perfect red light for parties that doesnt attract insects!