Tank No3

Manda

Yay! I have decided I NEED and MUST HAVE at all costs... TANK NUMBER 3.

Have decided to get a 54L like my 2nd tank so that my lovely husband can build a nice tankstand to house them one on top of the other. He has already kindly built tank No1 in to a hole in the wall on the stairs with a wooden frame. I think he is beginning to worry about when this obsession will end and whether we will need to need to remortgage to support my fish habit (I considered it this weekend with the opening sale at Jansens Manukau - what a deal on those tanks).

Am looking on trade me now - though some I have seen seem to be the same price as what I paid new for my last one so may need quick trip to the petshop to compare. Going to try and set it up as cheaply as poss to please the powers that be. Not a hundred percent sure what I will put in it yet whether to just use it as a babytank or get more fish. I will probably get more fish.

Yay! I have decided I NEED and MUST HAVE at all costs... TANK NUMBER 3.

Have decided to get a 54L like my 2nd tank so that my lovely husband can build a nice tankstand to house them one on top of the other. He has already kindly built tank No1 in to a hole in the wall on the stairs with a wooden frame. I think he is beginning to worry about when this obsession will end and whether we will need to need to remortgage to support my fish habit (I considered it this weekend with the opening sale at Jansens Manukau - what a deal on those tanks).

Am looking on trade me now - though some I have seen seem to be the same price as what I paid new for my last one so may need quick trip to the petshop to compare. Going to try and set it up as cheaply as poss to please the powers that be. Not a hundred percent sure what I will put in it yet whether to just use it as a babytank or get more fish. I will probably get more fish.

Why get such a tiny tank? Get a good midsized one like a 440L. Then you're not limited to tetras and can get something interesting like SA cichlids.

Sorry it's looks like you've come down with MTS! :D

There is no known cure so best you and hubby accept it and realise that life is gonna change :lol:

I agree - get a larger tank.

Greg- tanks2u on TM makes a nice tanks for a very good price.

I just set up my 6th tank- each larger than the last. I told myself this is the last- its big enough at 400l- I only keep small fish.

When we 1st brought it inside it looked big. Now its all set up I was looking at it last night and said to myself - it's not big enough! oh dear :roll:

Lucky I have a lovely husband too- he knows I could have worse vices!

Yes i have to agree you have MTS, don't fight it there no point, your hubby, like mine will be OK,as you say there are far worse vices........I would have to say go BIGGER ..... Greg makes awesome tanks and they are very well priced..... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yes i have to agree you have MTS, don't fight it there no point, your hubby, like mine will be OK,as you say there are far worse vices........I would have to say go BIGGER ..... Greg makes awesome tanks and they are very well priced.....

Agreed. Once I got to 5 tanks hubby insisted I put them out in the shed (now I have 16 running out there!) I then put a 5ft tank in the house and let him decide what fish he wanted in it. I wanted cichlids but the only fish he liked was the discus. So its a planted discus tank, he happily sits and watches it while I continue on doing my own thing :D

Agreed. Once I got to 5 tanks hubby insisted I put them out in the shed (now I have 16 running out there!) I then put a 5ft tank in the house and let him decide what fish he wanted in it. I wanted cichlids but the only fish he liked was the discus. So its a planted discus tank, he happily sits and watches it while I continue on doing my own thing :D

My hubby really wants me to get Angels for the 160L tank I just got but i don't think I like them. Haven't fully decided what to put in there (besides my exisiting guppy, kuhli, female fighter) .. the angels just don't grab me and can't they be a bit aggressive? Thinking about dwarf gourami becuase they don't grow too big. So on the lookout for some pretty and healthy young ones.. how many? .. can they live in a group of 2-3 ok?

Size does matter eh!!!!

The reason for another small tank was money and space. I have been eyeing up lovely big tanks with stands on trade me but as an at home mum with no private income I cant see it happening right now. At least a 54L is fairly cheap to set up. Also trying to find tank with filter at the very least. Had a look at new filters today and dear lord!!! With a 54L or approx size it would fit on top of my other one once he makes a stand (though I am still waiting for my light lid and tank divider).

Of course as I write this I now realise I must have a bigger tank....sigh... you are all right. Going to be some sweet talking and greasing happening tonight.

I will try to put some pics on tonight of the hole in the wall. Its hard to photograph though as very little space to stand back.

Thanks for all the advice... but you do realise now I will be awake all night planning all the fish I could get for an even bigger tank. :lol: