Finally I got some discus!

Aquila

• 4 weeks later...

Some nice discus, love the lil ones they look to be doing well and the greedy lil turq sounds too cute. Feeding cone is definetly a way to go with these guys, mine have their own bare bottom and prefer to pick all day rather then eat when I have the time to feed them.

Thanks Flosty :) Me neither! Its so exciting! All the water changes are worth it to get little ones! Luckily their tank is right next to the laundry sink :P

Looking good Aquila!,can't wait to see them colour up even more :D

I worry sometimes that they are toooo fat! I hope that their organs aren't getting all fatty :o I have to be careful not to overfeed. Wait till you start feeding Stu's food! They will look like this in no time!

they are fat!

i wish mine would eat that much. maybe i should starve them for a week.

Thanks Nymox :) Feeding cone for the adults for sure. Only greedy turq picks at the gravel for food. The other 2 don't so i'm happy that they pick at the cone instead. The little ones in the bare bottom vacuum up the food pretty quickly! I feed them up to 5 times a day when i'm home. Once in the morning before work. Then as soon as i come home, then 1-2 times later in the evening. Adults only get fed twice in the evening.

Some nice discus, love the lil ones they look to be doing well and the greedy lil turq sounds too cute. Feeding cone is definetly a way to go with these guys, mine have their own bare bottom and prefer to pick all day rather then eat when I have the time to feed them.