Sudden weather change

Caryl

I walked into town and back this morning, getting very hot in a T shirt etc. Have been home a couple of hours and suddenly there is a noise outside. I look out and there is a sudden gusting of wind and it is hailing! Temperature now 16C (was in mid 20's) and dropping. The hail melted as it hit so no white grass scenes. Wind has dropped as suddenly as it started and so did the hail after about 5 minutes tops :-?

It seems the weatherman got it right for once :lol:

Lucky I got the washing in when I came home or I would be a bit miffed (and soggy) 8)

I've noticed this last week that the temp has been a lot chillier around 5am when I go get the cows, I usually just wear my overalls and a beanie but as late I've taken to wearing my wet weathers and a jacket, not that there's been any rain of course, just a lot of hopeful wishing.....

I read in the Northern Advocated on Weds that this drought I going to cost the district around 100 million this milking season....what a shocking season for my first Managment position....Bluuuurk.

it was fairly sunny here so we decided we would go out to my work and get a replacement heater for the tank.

drove down the hill, saw the big black clouds rolling over the hills (looked awesome) drove to Porirua, saw some dude trying to wrestle his large wooden sign to the ground (FAIL hehehe) went to work.

got told that our vet sign flew away!

apparently it bounced once, flew into 2 peices, 1 piece landed in the Placemakers yard, the other piece in Repco, roughly 200meters away!

weather is still horrible (well............ more horrible than usual anyway)

Yup, it just go cold real fast here.

Daughter was wanting to go to Corn Evil, but being a mean Mother, I said no...

i think they cancel if the weather is really bad anyway (unless its the indoor one you are talking about

Same in the city. I was at work....got instantly dark around 4pm. After work went outside and found the scooter had been blown over (first time ever...its really stable and I suspect another motorbike fell onto it). Brake handle broken and throttle jammed...great. Had to leave it there. Caught 2 buses home and still had puddles in my shoes. Luckily i managed to catch the last bus up Mt. Vic or I would have been in a really bad mood.