Hi!

Benrea

Hi,

Im moving from Australia to the South Island because of work and will be living in either Christchurch or Dunedin areas. Not sure yet.

Anyway, I have been running a 4 foot marine tank and I want to set it up over there. I am wondering about transporting the tank across and how much a 48x14x20 inch aquarium costs in NZ.

I am also wondering if there are many marine aquarium stores in Christchurch/Dunedin and if they have websites that I can check out.

I am really keen to continue this great hobby and would greatly appreciate any reply.

Welcome to the site, im sure you'll find all you need to know here, unfortunatly i am not able to help you, as i do not keep marine fish.

you should jump into the chat rom between 8:30pm-10pm thats when most ppl are on. for you it would be 6:30pm and onwards. obviously cause of the time difference.

Shae 250

welcome :)

you will find it hard in nz after keeping fish in aussie we dont have as much as you guys and the price is sky high.

if you are bringing house hold stuff with you and your tank isnt that old i would look at bringing it over and any filters and lights you have.

have a safe trip over and look forward to seeing you round this site

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

What a great site!

By the sounds of that ($) I think I will ship my existing tank over and take the risk of it breaking.

Thanks for the link to that marine shop catfish_dude. :D

I have another question. Does NZ operate on 240 Volts same as aust?

I am buying a protine skimmer shipped from the US and I am buying a voltage adaptor assuming that NZ is 240 like here. (US is 110 or 115 or something like that) So I just wanted to make sure I get the right adaptor.

Thanks again, Ben.

yes New Zealand is exactly the same as australia.

good luck with the shipping, if you are moving a whole house it would be most efficient to organise a 20' container through a freight forwarder and load it yourself so you know it is all secure.

i co-drove in the rally of canberra this year to ship a 20' container cost us around $5,000-$7000 including internal freight

have fun in nz and on this site

daniel