Glosso stuff

DennisP

light is a very important part but if do have high light you will need pressurized co2 and also daily ferts, that is why i say its a balance

T5 are very good BUT they do cost alot, my new setup(114litre) i have a 125w Arcadia MH which isnt enough plus i the K rating is too low, so i will be upgrading to a more powerful light and a better bulb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if it's the lights. People in the USA and overseas seem to be able to do Mini-M's just fine with a 6500k energy saver but they used ADA substrates and paintball canister CO2. I'm conviced that's the difference.

*waits for shutdown*

from what i read online the ADA substrates are amazing

Apparently so, too bad they cost a bomb and I'm not sure we're even allowed to bring them into the country.

I grew some mean hairgrass in a 27cm high tank with an energy saver :D

and a sprinkle of consumer sucker-ism as well! :D

Don't forget the aquascaping master produced and promotes these products, hence the name Amano Design Aquarium. He stands behind his products and his tanks are evidence of what his products do, not like certain tanks/products with obviously photoshopped tanks :roll:

You have to plant it in small clumps of 2/3 plants and have lots of time and patience

Time I have - Patience, well that is something I am learning - I have done one side in clumps but I think I might have made the clumps too big the other side has a one big clump on the top of the hill cos my arm was getting tired - will got back to it after I have had a coffee. Thanks for posting Alanmin, it is a fiddly job, kinda wished I had chosen something easier now, sure do hope I am successful!

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm... feeling that perhaps I should have picked an easier plant... Help!

One side of my tanks has the glosso growing quite well with nice lime green little plants - the other side all the plants are dying. I do have the DIY Co2 & Heater on the side that is doing well could this have something to do with it?

The side that looks like it is dying was a different pot of the plant and I have noticed there are a few nice green plants amoungst it which I think may have come from the pot used on the other side - could I have got a faulty plant perhaps?

was it from the same source? one of the pots you have received could have been growing emersed so is going though a transition period..

Yeah same shop different weeks - I never thought of that Nick - I think you might be right. Do I leave it in there and be patient? Or rip it out and get another? This is a new tank not yet cycled, should I have a rotting plant in there?

Do you have any fish in the tank? If not, you can try lowering the water level to just above the substrate and in a month you will have a thick carpet (and no alage). Then you can gradually raise the water level and add a couple of fish.

Do you have any fish in the tank? If not, you can try lowering the water level to just above the substrate and in a month you will have a thick carpet (and no alage). Then you can gradually raise the water level and add a couple of fish.

Sounds interesting but unfortunately yes there are fish in there. I needed a tank for all my baby GBA's