Infected sensory pore?

Stella

My giant kokopu (now a little over 20cm) seems to have an infected sensory pore on her head this morning. It looks like a raised pimple, with the pore itself being a tiny white bump on top.

Wasn't there last night, nothing else wrong with her, eating well, no recent changes to the tank (apart from putting ceramic media in the filter earlier in the week, it was just running as a pump before as I took the media out after a long powercut).

Any ideas?

I would be inclined to leave it if she is otherwise well in herself. If she begins acting unwell, or if the redness begins to spread/wound opens and discharges then the infection is spreading in which case you could consider antibiotics. Trouble is, what sort of antiobiotics will target the particular strain of bacteria - therein lies the problem. So at this stage, offer good supportive care for her immune system: slightly warmer temperatures, good nutrition and good hygiene (for the water and the sore if possible).

Best of luck.