L046- Zebra plecs

kylefish02

Just heard 3 different importers have imported l046 and in decent(well enough) numbers. By the sounds of the wholesale price it could be true i guess youll have to wait till they come out of quarrantine. 1 importers are due out 1 day before the rest and he has the most. Just giving you a heads up for all you guys after zebras but expect to pay $700-$1000 per fish :D

I have some friends here who have them,1 has 14,another 12,and the 3rd won't say how many! Nice looking fish,but you never,and I mean never,see them.They are extremely shy,and I've sat for some time watching(or trying to) them.They are very slow growing,and take a long time to reach breeding age.I've met a guy over in the UK who has eventually had some luck with breeding them.Theres occaisionally a few on the market here,and a friend who owns a LFS has promised them soon,at about NZ$400ish,but to be honest,I wouldnt dream of paying that much for something I will not see.Having experienced them(not kept them myself),I would definately not bother with them.Quite simply,the hype about them is unwarranted,although they are attractive.

I believe a lot are being smuggled out lately.

If you have the time and money,go for it,but I think theres nicer plecs out there.Just my 2 cents.

• 3 months later...
They have several for sale to 'approved customers only ' at Hollywood fish farm in Mt Roskil at the moment. Price on addmission

those are very nice stunning fish! $890. But I've had to settle for a choc zebra which is shy but not too shy,I do get to see him most days.