Guess the Fish

jc360

These guys are sadly leaving me, so i thought i would take a few picks since i had to disturb their tank.

Have a go at i.ding them. its good for you to hone your research skills!

If your brave go for a gender too.

DSC05564.jpg

DSC05565.jpg

DSC05563.jpg

DSC05567.jpg

DSC05569.jpg

i will give you a clue after the 13th guess, if you need it.

The 'maccus' - is that one of the pretty peckoltias like I have in my tanks as its nearly identical to some of mine. I say some because I have the ones with very clearly defined stripes and others way more blotchy which I think may be the females. These are also by far the fattest and they are shortly to get their own tank.

Do you have any longfin bns?

The 'maccus' - is that one of the pretty peckoltias like I have in my tanks as its nearly identical to some of mine. I say some because I have the ones with very clearly defined stripes and others way more blotchy which I think may be the females. These are also by far the fattest and they are shortly to get their own tank.

Do you have any longfin bns?

no long fin bns.

Love a good id game.

Pic 1 and 2 is P.Maccus - (L104, L162, LDA22). Ignoring of course all the debate regarding locality as a differing feature. It may have been purchased in NZ as a Leopard Frog (at Leopard Frog prices), or a Pretty Peckoltia (at a good price), or it may also have been purchased as a Clown Pleco about 2 months before the "Leopard Frogs" were here at a price in the middle of the two. Most likely a female.

Pic 3 is a King Tiger Pleco (L066) and this is your dominant male.

Pic 4 is also a King Tiger Pleco (L066) and is a male too.

Pic 5 is a Chocolate Zebra (L270,L307,LDA76) and is a (young?) male.