November 16, 200421 yr comment_29593 When I got my guppies from the LFS they had fry about 3 batches I sold most of them but now they won't breed nemore now I put them in the breeding trap to see if they'll breed in there i put only 1 female and male in at a time for about an hour but only 1nce a week and still nothing how can I get them breeding again??? Report
November 19, 200421 yr comment_29842 Guppies usually breed continually. It is best to have a ratio of 1 male to 3 or more females so the females don't get stressed by the males chasing them all the time. It is possible (probable) the females you bought were already pregnant. They can produce 3 or 4 lots of fry without a male once impregnated. It is possible your male guppy isn't up to the job. Try another one. Don't bother putting them in a breeding trap to breed though. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.