Laetacara curviceps, Dwarf Flag Cichlid

phoenix44

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They spawned today. Both have turned black and are defending a clutch of eggs on a sword's leaf.

I will not be saving the eggs/ babies as I do not have a spare tank, but any locals that want to rear them are welcome to have them if the plecos do not find the eggs tonight.

that is after a bleach and algae fix dip. Im just waiting for my H2O2 to arrive, the seller said it takes longer to arrive as its a hazardous chemical and cannot be sent via normal courier, but its been a week. :(

pretty much all my plants have gone now, compared to what it was like in my signature line.

what sweet little fish :D

re the staghorn: are you game enough to do the flourish excel overdose? I did the big load over a few weeks but one was under sand when I did it and then grew back - for 2 days I hit it twice with slightly more than the daily recommended dose (nowhere near what I was doing originally) and it went pink and disappeared the next day or so later

since then I've been doing 1ml a night (my recommended dose) and the algae is very much under control. I used to get light green fuzz on the glass too - no more of that either so far, I'm pretty happy about that. And all with sunlight in the room.