Plant id

jude

Can anyone id these plants for me?

All except the ones in pots are stem plants that I keep pruning and planting. I would love to know the names so I can find out how big they grow and where to plant em! Some I was told the name of and have forgotten and some I never knew :)

If the photos here are too small you can see bigger ones at http://photobucket.com/albums/v474/judeNZ/

th_One.jpg

One

th_Two.jpg

Two

th_Three.jpg

Three

th_Four.jpg

Four

th_Five.jpg

Five

th_Six.jpg

Six

th_Seven.jpg

Seven

th_Eight.jpg

Eight

th_Nine.jpg

Nine :):):)

I can't ID all of the plants at the moment but #2 Ludwigia peruensis (Red Ludwigia), #7 one of the Bacopa genus, probably Bacopa caroliniana (giant baby tears), #8 Hygrophila polysperma (usually just called Polysperma), #9 Hygrophila difformis (Water wisteria)

The hygrophila difformis is kind of cool, it will grow out of the water at which point the leaves change form and become solid rather than fingery. If you cut the stem and plant these solid-leaf bits back under water the new leaves transform themselves to being feathery again.

You sometimes see the emersed (solid) form sold in the pet stores. Fully submerged of course :). This is how I first got hold of some and it was a bit of a surprise when it first changed. Made positive identification easy though, difformis = two forms.

Thanks everyone. I have been using the plant index and also tropica and pauls aquaria but sometimes the pictures just look so similar ......... and I have 'old lady' eyesight ........ :lol: :lol:

I'm gradually getting them all worked out though and am grateful for the help

Cheers

Jude