Axolotl & Bristlenose Question???

Babyruby

I sell hundreds of young BN's and many people have asked me if they will live in cold water.

My answer is always no but if your tank never goes below 18 deg in the winter a BN should be fine but will be less active and grow slower. I encourage all these people to buy a small heater for their goldfish tanks and set it to 20 deg, The goldfish and BN's will both be happy at this temp.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Summertime isn't the issue - it would be more what the temperature is in the winter time.

Any tropical fish that is kept below 18 is just down right cruel on that fish .. they may survive (just) but will certainly not be happy.

They wheren't tropical fish in the first place, I bought them from a very well known pet store as coldwater from coldwater tanks.... And incase you haven't read all the other posts on here Critisim will not be tolorated by me as know alot about fish and temperatures etc......................... :roll:

They wheren't tropical fish in the first place, I bought them from a very well known pet store as coldwater from coldwater tanks....

since i have been following this thread it seems to me that the issue may be the term "cold water" rather than how the fish are kept, currently the bn's are sweet as they are in tropical conditions & what i understand is that they are in a tank inside, correct? what temp is the tank in winter?

And incase you haven't read all the other posts on here Critisim will not be tolorated by me as know alot about fish and temperatures etc......................... :roll:

so you realise these bn will be suffering under 18 deg? with the response you have had from everyone & if this was a policy put to the vote of the people you wouldn't even get funding for next years campaign.

well then i suggest you do a goggle search for "coldwater bristlenose" and actually see if anything comes up

I am not at all critising you - I am just concerned for the wellbeing of these "supposed" coldwater fish you have - also this fish shop that sold you these fish should know better.