"Faded" Dem's????

aquab

Had to cover my fish tank for a day (over 24hrs) -used a black cloth, so also no lights were used.

When I took the cover off all bar a couple of my dem's have "faded". Any reason for this? any any cure? :-?

They look very washed out and very pale blue not the viberant colour they used to be. :cry:

I have had the light on for a little longer each day (3days) and have fed a bit of the fighters food ( more colour inducing) but haven't had any results.

Any ideas?

it may simply be they were asleep. other fish loose their colouring when they are netted or stressed etc, are they still faded now? Often when i go out to my garage where i have tanks & turn the light on they are asleep, peacocks & empress often aren't showing much colour.

Why did you have to cover the tank?

We had to sand the floor before putting down tiles!

They have been this way for 4-5 days now and aren't really showing any signs of colouring back up!

It looks like we do when peeling- a mottled look!

They have been this way for 4-5 days now and aren't really showing any signs of colouring back up!

It looks like we do when peeling- a mottled look!

maybe they are stressed, every one of them are faded?

obvious question but are the water conditions all ok? you have nothing to loose i guess so try as pheonix has suggested & i would also do a water change as well.