Discus with Fry pics

Flosty

Thought it look familiar and well done for keeping them happy and healthy.

Amy,

got any frys yet? 15cm is a whopper :bounce: :bow:

ron

lol I know that's why I named her 'The Beast' lol that's everyone's reaction when they see my tank they point her out, guess the daily wc's paid off. I wish the others kept up though! Am looking at upsizing Discus tank next time mum goes on holiday :)

Haven't separated the pair out of the main tank yet, will sell off one of my new display tanks to get a 4/5 foot tank built for breeding them

are these the pigeonblood checkerboards you got off Ron Flosty? Congrats!

My LSS I got off Ron's a whopper at 15cm (girl) now has paired with a smaller (12cm) Alenquer boy - fingers crossed mine will raise their own fry too

Try to get a male leopard to breed with her and they'll produce stunning discus for you.

ron

Cool. What is the red one? Red melon? Diamond?

Hi Floater, yes the red one is a male red melon I have

Only a small amount of peppering above the mouth and on the forehead as can be seen in the pic

The female pigeon is clean as a whistle so I am hoping for some very clean fry from this pair.

are these the pigeonblood checkerboards you got off Ron Flosty? Congrats!

Yes this is one of the checkerboards I got off of Ron.

I also had another 2, pair off of the checkerboards very early on in the piece

and the female suffered a little with a slow down in growth but I have seperated them in a hope for some more growth

I also have one other which is biggest of the 4 I got from Ron,which I also think is female but I am not 100%.

My LSS I got off Ron's a whopper at 15cm (girl) now has paired with a smaller (12cm) Alenquer boy - fingers crossed mine will raise their own fry too

Big girl that :) ,I find the female the hardest to get size on as they mature quicker and once they start laying eggs the growth slows down

So you have done an excellent job there and good luck with the pairing.

Thought it look familiar and well done for keeping them happy and healthy.

Cheers Ron thanks for the very clean fish :)

from the four checkerboards I got from you all look a little different with one actually having spots

How many generations back do you know of the genetics and was there a spotted fish back in the mix somewhere?

Just curious to know :wink:

I can put up a pic later if you want to see

Cheers Ron thanks for the very clean fish :)

from the four checkerboards I got from you all look a little different with one actually having spots

How many generations back do you know of the genetics and was there a spotted fish back in the mix somewhere?

Just curious to know :wink:

I can put up a pic later if you want to see

They are bred from the ones I imported myself. They came in as super checkerboard. I find that with checkerboard as they matured the checker pattern breaks up and the discus end up with lines or spots. When they first pattern up the checker pattern is excellent. I'll try to get pic to show you the parents and baby when i've got some time.

Any discus with pigeon in it will 'pepper' to varying degrees - more so if there is a black background in the tank. This is because they try to camouflage themselves against the dark background. I have one like yours and it (sex unknown) has peppering along the center line of its face and at the edges of its fins and tail - it sort of outlines his body in the tank. He's beautiful!! I have another one with pigeon in it and he (confirmed male) is heavily speckled all over.

Any discus with pigeon in it will 'pepper' to varying degrees - more so if there is a black background in the tank. This is because they try to camouflage themselves against the dark background. I have one like yours and it (sex unknown) has peppering along the center line of its face and at the edges of its fins and tail - it sort of outlines his body in the tank. He's beautiful!! I have another one with pigeon in it and he (confirmed male) is heavily speckled all over.

I agree, I think the peppering looks really lovely :)

Very cute babies flosty!

Any discus with pigeon in it will 'pepper' to varying degrees - more so if there is a black background in the tank. This is because they try to camouflage themselves against the dark background.

He has little bit peppering but pretty minor really,the spots I am referring to are the ones on the body,like leopard spots

thats awesome for you well done

cheers Dee

Very cute babies flosty!

thanks,they look better every day

congrats...i wonder what pattern will the babies have...//hhhmmmmm :o

At a guess some like mum some like dad and some in between but they will be all pigeon based