Happy new year everyone, i am back(15/07/10 updated in P10)

Davd-lw

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

david what an earth is moskitolivi you mention a waste tank hmm

I feed my fry bbs and mw but they certainly not growing as fast as yours are beautilful hms by the way look forward to getting some of you soon

bbs is only good for certain stages, MW, personaly i think is just wast of time. it doesnt work for me.

from the 2.5 years experience of breeding fighters, i realize that one person's work cannt do all, its the team effort, you need to get as many great sources as you can. and focus on quality rather than quantity. :) there are a lot of great breeders in NZ, surely, they have awesome fish as well, (maybe my Canno camera is the best so far lol). anyway, there is a lot of fun from keeping fighters, make friends with breeders, understand fighters(truely, you need to understand what they think....), imporving blood lines etc. anyway, good luck mate. all the best! let's work together to maitain the quality and establish our own ID in the world. :hail:

Yeah they seem to love real dirty water. Where i got the ones in the pic the water is brown with rotten leaves etc. I can catch thousands in with one sweep of my net through the pond, most of them small. Try throwing some rotten vegetation in a bucket and place it somewhere with a bit of cover and see what happens. Mind you we have perfect weather here in Hamilton for mozzies as it has been pretty humid.

Indeed, whoa! Those are some BOOTIFUL fish, David! Am looking forward to purchasing some of those gorgeous plakats when they become available :)

I feed my fry bbs and mw but they certainly not growing as fast as yours are beautilful hms by the way look forward to getting some of you soon

bbs is only good for certain stages, MW, personaly i think is just wast of time. it doesnt work for me.

bbs(all year round)since 2nd day free swim i feed them nothing before that, coz they will eat algae from the hiding plant for female----> mosquito larvae(summer)6weeks old----->blood worm(winter/all year round)6+weeks

hope this will help

Indeed, whoa! Those are some BOOTIFUL fish, David! Am looking forward to purchasing some of those gorgeous plakats when they become available :)

So, btw ... what do you feed your little fry instead of bbs?

Yeah they seem to love real dirty water. Where i got the ones in the pic the water is brown with rotten leaves etc. I can catch thousands in with one sweep of my net through the pond, most of them small. Try throwing some rotten vegetation in a bucket and place it somewhere with a bit of cover and see what happens. Mind you we have perfect weather here in Hamilton for mozzies as it has been pretty humid.

dog bone from supermarket work really will for me , keep my water green and my Daphnia love them.

yeap, you are right, the thunder storm keep my tanks full. but The pools is not a good place to work, good for patrons. lol.

David i want the black hm he is stunning :)

My mozzie larvae coming along great used adog bone as David suggested water turned green and mozzies appearing already.

i started and early one last week and have mozzies which i am feeding to fry

and its really good for Dephnia too. you will get both if you have Dephnia culture.